The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 Sharks 3

SvenBae

The Sedins have had plenty of years to step up in the playoffs and have never got it done. I know some of you will say they were pretty good on their run to the cup, but where were they in the finals ? This would be their last chance if i was ownership, either they take a pay cut to stay or move on. Their just not the type of players that bring it in the playoffs, just like Naslund, great players, nice guys but just don't have the intestinal fortitude.

When a captain comes out at the start of a season and says their gonna give the fans a season to remember and they disappears in the playoffs, that's all you need to know.

seriously this game was ours the team played really well and loungo looked great but in all honesty how can a guy play 59:05 minutes of good hockey and with 55 seconds, seconds he cant keep a puck from squeezing through his legs he needed to steal this win for us to tie up the series. How many times in all honesty when we are winning have you seen loungo give up a late goal with minutes left in the third its just frustrating.

The dozen amazing stops he made weren't enough? How about the captain not playing the puck in the slot in an attempt to clear the zone?

How about Edler take his man on all three goals? How about Edler not pinch when it's not needed resulting in the GWG?

I was happy that Luongo was on his way out, but he's stood on his head this series. This loss was not by any means Luongo's fault.

It's funny after the finals two years ago the coaches blamed injuries as part of the problem,which was partly true. I said to my friends after that "You watch they'll have other major injuries that will hurt their chances next year"? Then Daniel was injured and we all know what happened. Then after that i said again to my friends "You watch it will happen again next year and they'll blame injuries" Then we find out Cory's injured. This is getting real old with this team and i'm starting to not even care anymore.

The Sedins are not playoff performers.....stop expecting them to kick it up a notch...ain't going to happen.

I have faith.....the games (score) have been so close.....no, we didn't have a good first game, but the 2nd game was a lot better, which we should have won........Game 3 onwards and upwards....

The dozen amazing stops he made weren't enough? How about the captain not playing the puck in the slot in an attempt to clear the zone?

How about Edler take his man on all three goals? How about Edler not pinch when it's not needed resulting in the GWG?

I was happy that Luongo was on his way out, but he's stood on his head this series. This loss was not by any means Luongo's fault.

I was at the game, and the one thing I can say is Edler looked terrible out there.

The first period was reffed brutally, and what was with the delay of game penalty given to Hank 2 seconds into the PP? There wasn't a very good replay so to me it seemed terrible as well.

The boys shaped up in the last two periods though, and I feel they can rebound and take the next two in SJ. I know they only lost 2 at home this year, but the playoffs are a different story.

And to top it all.. Lu played phenomenal. That 2 on 1 was a beautifully set up fake and pass by Burns, and a perfectly placed shot by Torres. Sad finish, but I feel the boys got it in them.

Hansen missing the empty net by inches at the end of the 3rd too.. heartbreaking.

all i have to say about this game is

Hansen :picard: hit the net. how are you geting paid millions and you cant even hit AN EMPTY net from half ice... WoW..

daniel throws it up middle =mistake #1 hansen misses empty net = mistake #2 defence turns it over with 30 seconds left and they score = mistake #3.................if they lose game 3 its over like they said Vancouver HAS NEVER come back from a 0-2 in a series.... but i still beleive anything is possible. :emot-parrot::canucks:

The Sedins are not playoff performers.....stop expecting them to kick it up a notch...ain't going to happen.

I have faith.....the games (score) have been so close.....no, we didn't have a good first game, but the 2nd game was a lot better, which we should have won........Game 3 onwards and upwards....

not sure what game you watched, he was on the ice for the only effective shifts by the twins seperating the defenseman from the puck on multiple occassions. Also if skating the puck to the corner of the attacking zone then losing the puck is Raymonds idea of trying hard then it needs some work since thats the only time I noticed him on the ice.

Also Ebbett actually had a shift with sustained pressure in the offensive zone thanks to Kassian.

Archived