The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler switching gears - knee on knee on Staal at the World's

Socrates

Honestly while I watch it, it doesn't look to me at all like Edler braced for any impact. He literally seems to just glide into Staals knee. I think he just wasn't paying enough attention to where his leg was, careless, but definitely not intentional. Staal got the worst of it because of the position his knee happened to be in when they collided. Also, Edler looked shocked as he was leaving the ice, and then he threw his stick in anger. I wonder what he was angry about, the carelessness on his part? The call itself? Staals reaction? No idea.

(Link to the video that shows his reaction)

This is a business, Nate. Edler only signs a "hometown discount" if he plays like it. Just think, if he would continue this kind of play anywhere else, who would offer Edler more than $5M? Nobody! Especially with the cap coming down. And it's not that he's not honouring his NTC, what don't you get? It's not in effect till July 1st. If it was agreed on by the team like the document you pulled up said, fine, but it's not.

The statement that Edler is untradeable is far from true.

The cold flavour of businessman that you imagine is one isolated from his clients and employees by bureaucracy. GMing is very much the opposite. But I'll never convince you otherwise despite clearly having far more experience in a business environment than you, and you'll never convince me of a mindset I abandoned at about 16.

So why don't we make a bet? I bet Edler doesn't get traded because, despite his worth which we both agree upon, he is effectively untradeable. Conversely, since you feel he is our best option for a decent return and that MG wouldn't be blackening his name with something so underhanded as dealing him, you bet he is traded. Also because Mr Lalji said so. I'll give you the benefit of outlining the stakes.

Archived