To Philly

Luongo

Edler

2nd Round

To Canucks

Bryzgalov ( to buy out)

Couturier

1st Rounder

The inclusion of Bryzgalov for a buyout makes it a deal good for the Flyers.

They get a great bonafide #1 Goalie and top pairing defenceman 2 key elements they are looking for in a trade.

The Canucks get a Great prospect in Couturier, and a first rounder for their future. Canucks are better off in this deal as it gives them value instead of having to buy out Luongo and not getting any value for him.

Agreed i think they have to take on a expensive contract to make a luongo deal work. If the best we get for Lu is what Toronto was offering at deadline then No thanks... it makes sense to take on a big contract to get a hockey deal done. Others will take Lu only if something big (contract) coming other way .

We shouldn't need to add a second round pick on our end. Philly is getting a really good deal here. Think about it, they get an elite goaltender, and a top pairing defenseman. Additionally, they don't need to buy out Bryzgalov's humangous big contract. They get way more I'm return than they lose.

We dont have a 2nd but it should'nt matter Edler Luongo should be more than enough to get Couturier and their 1st. Only problem is if we take Bryz and buy him out but cant move Ballard or Booth....... we're stuck with one. But id love to have 2 first round picks to get a solid forward and dman like : Shinkaruk or Lazar or Mantha with Philly`s pick and Haag or Muller with ours

Not a bad idea. Kind of reminds me of my Tampa Propsoal for LeCav in that both proposals recognize we need to take on another big contract to trade Luongo's big contract. I also agree with the comments that it may be a good idea to include Ballard in the deal as well.

It's a deal that is similar to soccer in Europe. Where they pay others teams to acquire a player (transfer fee) and then pay the player's salary.

This time we kind of pay to get Couturier and their 1st, except the payment is by buying out Bryz.

However I doubt the flyers do that, they are a rich team and they don't need us to buy him out, not at that cost (losing their 1st and Couturier). Pretty sure they would rather buy him out themselves.

Couple thoughts:

-I don't see the Bryz thing happening. Philly has money. They can buy him out themself. Could be a good way to add value on our end though if they're up for it.

-I suggest we take out our 2nd (especially since we don't actually have it) and add Schroeder. He becomes expendable if we land Couturier and they'll want a center going back if they move Couturier.

-Especially if we do the above they should definitely throw something else in. (Or if they don't we should just drop this component and do Lu and Edler alone) Probably not a major roster player but a depth guy or a mid level prospect.

-We could look at taking a D man back from them (admittedly I'm not sure who though).

Archived