The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Destiny

Drouin

A level 21 is no where near ready to do a mission even level 26s struggle with. Plus I don't even think he's allowed to play that mission yet.

DandaD, you have to rep up your faction of choice to rep 3. It's the only way to get good items at first unless you get incredibly lucky with a drop.

You guys are doing it wrong.

You should have just kept your regular class items and don't bother leveling up any factions until you are rank 3 in both the Vanguard and Crucible. The Vanguard vendors sell great Legendary armor pieces comparable to the Faction vendors, just not as stylish.

I really want to try the vault of glass raid but have no one to party with :(

Bungie.net forums.

Just a heads up though, if you are a hunter a lot of people will kick you or try and replace you. It's because for the vault people want Titans and Warlocks.

Tbh, I never invite hunters but I wouldn't kick one.

Level 21-24 is the hardest part during leveling up. Once you get to 25 you seem to get all sorts of stuff. For you guys at level 21, you have to be doing all your bounties every day. You can do just vanguard or just crucible (obviously both would be optimal) but you've got to be leveling something. You will be the last people in the game to get to a full legendary set if you just hope for loot drops to get you legendaries. If you are doing something and there's a bounty for it you could be doing that you aren't, you're doing it wrong.

Make sure when you are doing your bounties you are not turning them in one at a time, do all the bounties from the game mode you like every day and turn them all in together or at least a minimum of 4 at a time. If you do it this way you will usually get an exotic bounty every 2-4 days. Even though the exotic weapons are disappointing they will still be much better than anything you've got in most cases and their dps will help you beat harder content.

You always want to be doing the hardest stuff you can get through, if you're 21 do level 22 strikes. I play on ps4 generally, but just recently started a character on xbox to play with some friends. It took me 4 days to get to level 27 because I did my bounties correctly and was playing content 1-3 levels higher than my character. Granted I knew exactly what to do and exactly what I needed for weapons and tactics but it is possible to play above your character. The loot drops are random, but especially when you are in that 20-24 range you have to grind out stuff above your character level if you want better gear. Make sure you're getting your strange coins and motes of light as well, both an exotic weapon and armor piece from xur every week is stupidly easy to get and will dramatically speed up the process.

Edited by Kulikov

Destinylfg.net

Don't act new and u won't get kicked.

Bungie.net forums.

Just a heads up though, if you are a hunter a lot of people will kick you or try and replace you. It's because for the vault people want Titans and Warlocks.

Tbh, I never invite hunters but I wouldn't kick one.

thanks! luckily my main character is a bubble titan

• 1 month later...

Anybody got the dark below dlc? I might get it because seems like it just blocks you from various things in the game, and even the weekly strikes

Nope and not gonna because of the reason you stated.

For the first time since it's release I've actually shelved Destiny instead of just leaving it in my game rotation, and considering trading it in

This DLC could not have come at a better time. I've been addicted to this game, and been playing it almost exclusively since launch. I was just starting to get bored with the game, and then DLC came: it locked key activities, it requires really cumbersome steps to upgrade weapons and armour, and probably the worst part is, the new legendaries are awful-- there's isn't a single weapon I want to purchase. Thus, I have very little interest in the game right now, and I can move on to different games.

I haven't bothered with this game in a couple of months. It's just not fun for me anymore.

The fact that they blocked access this weekend and allowed access to only the DLC buyers for things that were available before for everyone, well that's ridiculous.

I'm hoping that Bungie aren't that stupid, and that it's just a thing they're doing for this weekend to maybe hype the DLC.

• 7 months later...

If you don't mind random people then destinylfg is a good place to go. Most people are laid back. Can do pretty much anything with that

Thanks. I want to try the VoG and Crota raid, but I need to find someone one to help me cause I've never done them before.

I bought the dlc when it was on sale and now its the only game I've really been playing. PoE is lots of fun.

Thanks. I want to try the VoG and Crota raid, but I need to find someone one to help me cause I've never done them before.

I bought the dlc when it was on sale and now its the only game I've really been playing. PoE is lots of fun.

If you're on xbox I'll join you. Been doing the Crota stories by myself so far and it is hard -_-

• 2 weeks later...