The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Debate: Who are the best players in their position?

I just can't take you seriously at all, bro. You have just put Derrick Rose as your the best point guard. The fact is, he's sat out the entire year. For completely different reasons, this puts him on par with Tim Thomas. You cannot put a guy who did not play a single game on a "best current players" list. It is an unfair evaluation, especially for guys like Rose and Bynum, who will likely not have the same level of explosiveness when they return.

Which brings me to my next point. Andrew Bynum as the second best center in the league??? Behind Dwight "cancer" Howard? These guys are terrible players to hang around with. One is a punk who doesn't care about anything, let alone the fact that he can't even play basketball anymore, and the other almost ruined the Lakers. Howard's godlike shoulders are giving. Bynum's knees are already gone. Both take the title for biggest bust of 2012-2013.

Centers who are SIGNIFICANTLY better and more valuable to their teams than Howard: Tim Duncan, Brook Lopez, Marc Gasol.

Centers who are SIGNIFICANTLY better and more valuable to their teams than Bynum: Any #5 in the league.

Also, please tell me why an injured Derrick Rose is that much better than Paul and Parker.

I just can't take you seriously at all, bro. You have just put Derrick Rose as your the best point guard. The fact is, he's sat out the entire year. For completely different reasons, this puts him on par with Tim Thomas. You cannot put a guy who did not play a single game on a "best current players" list. It is an unfair evaluation, especially for guys like Rose and Bynum, who will likely not have the same level of explosiveness when they return.

Also, please tell me why an injured Derrick Rose is that much better than Paul and Parker.

Just like how an injured Crosby is better than Malkin, Toews, Stamkos, etc.

Crosby sat out almost an entire year as well, yet he is undisputedly the best centreman in the NHL.

Remember that Derrick Rose won MVP over the likes of Durant, Bryant, James, etc. For this reason alone, injury or not, I believe he is the best PG in the league.

But of course, this is my opinion.

Archived