The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Debate: Who are the best players in their position?

The poll is getting updated daily. Discussions will never work out under that system.

Mainly, I'm just trying to settle the score here about who the best POINT GUARDS are. This is obviously a very open-ended debate, with the new style guys like Rose and Westbrook versus the old school style of Parker, with guys like Rondo and Paul in the middle.

Derrick Rose? He is an explosive force, which is one of the most important traits of a superstar basketball player.

Chris Paul and Tony Parker have higher stats in just about everything except blocks. Both are more technically sound than Rose.

If you think Rose is better than Parker and Paul, you will have to also vote for Russell Westbrook. Another explosive force who can change the tide of the game with one big play. Another guy who can't shoot from downtown. What do you guys think? And which other positions can we begin debating on?

RULE: we can't do LeBron versus Kobe. And clearly they're the best in their positions.

Derrick Rose is the best point guard hands-down right now. CP3 and Westbrook are 2nd and 3rd.

Lebron is the best small forward/power forward, with Durant 2nd.

For shooting guards Kobe is the best, Wade is 2nd.

For centers I would say Howard is the best, with Bynum 2nd

lol, so true, don't know what happened with that guy and I'm a Lakers fan...rumour has it Clippers offering Bledsoe and Griffin for Howard....i dont know why they'd offer it but the Lakers should take it and run if true...Howard is a locker room cancer and team should get rid of him.

http://www.lakersnation.com/clippers-plan-to-offer-blake-griffin-eric-bledsoe-for-dwight-howard/2013/06/15/

Derrick Rose is the best point guard hands-down right now. CP3 and Westbrook are 2nd and 3rd.

Lebron is the best small forward/power forward, with Durant 2nd.

For shooting guards Kobe is the best, Wade is 2nd.

For centers I would say Howard is the best, with Bynum 2nd

When he's healthy I think it's debatable. Durant has never won an MVP simply because he plays the same position as LeBron, and therefore is constantly overshadowed. I have no idea why Paul has yet to win MVP.

My vote goes to C.P.3. There's his durability (vs. Rose), his basketball I.Q. (vs. Westbrook's brick 3's from downtown early in the shot clock), and he's got the hands to make plays that the best passers like Rondo can make. If you want to talk outside shooting (Curry and Williams) he can hit from deep too. While he's not as flashy as D-Rose, I'd say that it's his well-rounded play that instead puts him above the other guys, since not all the other guys are so dangerous from everywhere on the court like he is.

My vote goes to C.P.3. There's his durability (vs. Rose), his basketball I.Q. (vs. Westbrook's brick 3's from downtown early in the shot clock), and he's got the hands to make plays that the best passers like Rondo can make. If you want to talk outside shooting (Curry and Williams) he can hit from deep too. While he's not as flashy as D-Rose, I'd say that it's his well-rounded play that instead puts him above the other guys, since not all the other guys are so dangerous from everywhere on the court like he is.

Chris Paul's durability isn't amazing. He's had a history of injuries which has slightly changed his game (to no net detriment, however). I say it's either Paul or Parker, the best penetrator in the league.

Archived