round 1#10 - Vladamir Tarasenko - Played majority of 2013 season

round 2 #7 - Tyler Pitlick - under contract

round 2 #10 - Jaden Schwartz - Played majority of 2013 season

round 3 #10 - Stephen Shipley - unsigned

2010-11

round 1 #21 - Zach Phillips -under contract

round 2 #50 - Chris Gibson - under contract

round 2 #51 - Adam Clendenning - under contract

round 3 #87 - Joseph Labate - traded unsigned rights straight up for Nick Bonino

2011-12

round 1 #18 - Malcolm Subban - unsigned

2012-13 unsigned

round 1 #24 - Valentin Zykov

round 2 #35 - Ian McCoshen

round 2 #54 - Dillon Heatherington

round 2 #57 - Oliver Bjorkstrand

round 3 #63 - Tyler Lewington

Shipley and Labate didnt pan out, but I was able to turn Labate into a great forward (Nick Bonino), and Shipley`s disappointment didnt cost the organization a dime.

I fully expect the rest of my 09-12 picks to play in the NHL. I think a fourth line role is attainable in the future for Pitlick, I think a call up is attainable for Phillips in the next couple years, and I think Clendenning is close (if not ready) for a showing in the NHL. In net, both needing time to develop, Gibson has potential for a back-up role and is steadily improving, while Subban has starter written all over him.

Our 12-13 picks still have much to show/prove.

The draft has been incredible for our organization. It has built us up and given us depth.

Can`t wait for 2014!

1st round CGY 2014

1st round BOS 2014

3rd round PIT 2014

3rd round BOS 2014

with 2 goalies, 5 dmen, and 10 forwards under contract in the NHL's Hurricanes team and 7.3 million in cap space, it looks like Justin Peters may get a legitimate season as the backup under his belt this coming year. Assuming that 7million is spread around to 7 players to flush out their lines and depth, we could see Carolina just trying to hold on to get through the low cap season while hanging on to all their Staal's.

The downside here is Bobby Sanguinetti looks to be hitting the free market this offseason rather than be offered a new deal.

ANything that improves Justin's chances at ice time is okay by us!

On the farm this year Justin was 22-12 and 1 but struggled a bit going 4-11-1 in the bigs. The value priced backup has one year remaining on his contract.

Blues News

May good News for the Future. Rumours says that Prospect Goalie Mathias Niederberger

is just heading back to North America. German Sources confirm that he has signed a Contract

with the Manchester Monarchs of the AHL.

Mathias signed a Pro Contract in Munich (German Hockey League) just after he finished

a awesome last Season in the Juniors with the Barrie Colts. He had a AHL/NHL clause in his

Contract so he takes this chance and keeps his Dream of the NHL alive.

Sources will follow if available...

Report: Sources say the Pittsburgh Penguins have been in talks with teams about top 4 defenceman Paul Martin and top 6 forward Matt Read. Asking price for Read is said to be a young top 6 winger or a high end prospect who plays wing. Asking price for Martin is said to be a prospect.

Some really good players being bought out in the NHL this week, wow. There is going to be a lot of Free Agent multi-millionaire hockey players who KNOW they are getting another multi-million dollar paycheck for a long long time. How will this impact the off season i wonder?

Lecavelier bought out, gotta say I'm a little surprised. Heard rumblings but didn't think they'd actually do it.

A lot of teams need a big center and Lecavelier is still a top end player, wonder where he goes?

He is gonna go somewhere and continue to put up about 50-60 points

Archived