The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Two of my prospects moved in the Seguin/Eriksson deal. Button to Dallas and Fraser to Boston. Good day for me in that sense as now both are closer to getting a look at the NHL level.

I'm not going to lie. I'm ok with this deal too.

Seguin may get a chance to be a centre now and I have faith in a Nill/Ruff combo to keep Dallas competitive.

In this trade Joe Morrow moves again but this time to Boston where he and Dougie Hamilton look like the future on the PP for the Bruins.

The Isles' fingerprints were all over this deal as recently traded Reilly Smith moves to Boston too.

Minnesota GM wallstreetamigo is very happy that the Canucks have chosen to buy out Keith Ballard in real life.

"We are excited to see him get a chance to get his career on track next season wherever he lands as we know he is still a quality defenceman in the NHL. We know our Wild will be rewarded for our patience in bringing Keith home to Minnesota."

It sounds like life could imitate fantasy as the rumor is that Ballard may end up in Minnesota in real life as well....:)

SIGNING: The Pheonix Coyotes have signed 2012 draft pick Morgan Reilly to a 3 year ELC

Morgan Reilly - 3 years $2.7 million (plus $1.8 million in bonuses) for a cap hit of $1.5M per year.

Reilly will start as #1 D in minors.

Please move Butler to #7 D in minors

Arctic_Ice_logo_01.gif

Report: The Arctic Ice Agency has decided to provide an update on the eve of Free Agency Frenzy on behalf of Corey Perry. A number close to one half-dozen (perhaps more, perhaps less...) have sent in significant offers for the all-star right winger, all of them in the 6-7 year range. On top of that, multiple offers have topped the "$8 million dollar" mark per season and even more include full No-Trade Clauses...

While it may take a day or two to negotiate further with various teams and to find the proper fit, it is believed that any offers that are below the numbers above will have a hard time convincing our client to head in that direction. It is expected that Perry will make his decision by the end of the weekend FOR SURE...

Arctic_Ice_logo_01.gif

Report: The Arctic Ice Agency has decided to provide an update on the eve of Free Agency Frenzy on behalf of Corey Perry. A number close to one half-dozen (perhaps more, perhaps less...) have sent in significant offers for the all-star right winger, all of them in the 6-7 year range. On top of that, multiple offers have topped the "$8 million dollar" mark per season and even more include full No-Trade Clauses...

While it may take a day or two to negotiate further with various teams and to find the proper fit, it is believed that any offers that are below the numbers above will have a hard time convincing our client to head in that direction. It is expected that Perry will make his decision by the end of the weekend FOR SURE...

Hoy. Insane.

Going to be a killer addition for whoever gets him though.

Evolution of the Carolina Hurricanes

Roster when GM RR11 took over

Loui Eriksson-Andy Mcdonald-Ilya Kovachuk

Blake Wheeler-Mike Ribeiro-Kyle Brodziak

Alex Ponikarovski-David Legwand-Travis Moen

Cam Jansen-Dominic Moore-Byron Bitz

Jay Bouwmeester-Joni Pitkanen

Kris Russell-Chris Tanev

Matt Carkner-?

Thomas Vokoun

Josh Harding

Opening night roster 2012-13

Loui Eriksson-Mika Zibanajed-Nail Yakupov

David Booth-Tom Wandell-Mark Stone

Matt Dagostini-Dominic Moore-Matthew Darche

Colton Gillies-Kyle Chipchura-Daniel Winnik

Jeremy Colliton

Kris Russell-Chris Tanev

Anton Babchuk-Jeff Schultz

Maxime Goncharov-Milan Jurcina

Josh Harding

Tomas Gress

How we got there...

What a difference a year made. From the start of the 2011-12 season to the start of the 2012-13 roster the Carolina Hurricanes went from a playoff contending team full of veterans to a lottery team full of rookies. When the new GM took over he looked over that veteran filled roster, and he believed that they would never win a Stanley cup with that roster. He wanted to do a total rebuild, but he had no draft picks. So he went looking for the picks but he couldn’t find them. No one had them, the picks were lost so Carolina got their picks back. So now Carolina could rebuild, GM RR11 traded almost everyone on that roster to start over in the off-season.

The 2012 CDCGML entry draft was one of the most significant days in GM RR11 tenure. They got a franchise winger in Nail Yakupov with the 1st overall pick. They also got plenty of young talent, Derrick Pouliot, Tim Bozon, Dylan Blujus, Brian Cooper,and Mike Winther. Adding all that young talent was success in itself, but then in the middle of the draft Commissioner C2X stepped up to the podium to announce a trade. He got booed as usual then he announced that Ilya Kovalchuk has been traded. Carolina got back David Booth, Bonne Jenner, Daniel Winnik,Mark Stone and James Wright. The winner of that deal will not be established for a couple more years. It shocked everyone, Carolina now had one of the best pool of prospects but almost no one on their NHL roster. They had wholes everywhere on their roster. As free agency came apon Carolina tried to get many of the top FA, but they decided to sign elsewhere. So as opening day came Carolina had a very week roster, and they had a very slow start to the season. GM RR11 tried to make some moves but could not pull the trigger on anything. Then a couple days before the deadline he made some very bold moves. He traded two of his top prospects in Pouliot and Stone for PA Parenteau, and he traded some picks for Mika Kiprusoff. The kipper trade seems to have been a mistake right now as he is goanna retire but the Parenteau trade is looking amazing right now. Then on the trade deadline he traded LA 1st for Mike Fisher, and they traded for Ray Whitney, it is starting to look like Carolina is loading up for next season.

They finished last overall by a mile but lost the draft lottery. That was not that big of a deal as they still got what they thought was the best prospect available in Nathan Mackinnon. Now they have an amazing mix of veterans and youngsters up front. With Parenteau, Eriksson, Fisher, Whitney, Booth as some great players in their prime and veterans. They also have an amazing young nucleolus in Mackinnon, Yakupov, Zibanejad and Jenner.

Roster Now

Loui Eriksson-Mike Fisher-PA Parenteau

Ray Whitney-Nathan Mackinnon -Nail Yakupov

David Booth-Mika Zibanejad-?

Antoine Roussel-James Wright-Colby Armstrong

Matt Dagostini-Colby Armstrong

James Wisniewski-Trevor Daley

Tom Gilbert-?

Filip Kuba-Chris Tanev

Andre Benoit

Mika Kiprusoff

Ben Scrivens

Josh Harding

What a difference a year makes, while the last two years have been painful, not many wins some terrible trades like trading Blake Wheeler for nothing and a lot of controversy. They had to deal with Josh Harding MS and the passing of Dominic Moores wife. I don’t think any franchise could have had a worse 2 years. But it seems to finally be looking up for this franchise.

woof that was the longest article i have ever written. Sorry if the grammar is not up to your standards.

That was fantastic, well worth reading! Thanks.

While it is my policy to never comment on my opponents moves, I will say, looks like a storms a brewin in Carolina.

Hurricane.jpg

Lol technically the wrong side of Florida, but you get the idea.

EDIT: as for kipper, we all have made trades we regret in hindsight, but do we know Kipper is retiring this year?

That was fantastic, well worth reading! Thanks.

While it is my policy to never comment on my opponents moves, I will say, looks like a storms a brewin in Carolina.

Hurricane.jpg

Lol technically the wrong side of Florida, but you get the idea.

EDIT: as for kipper, we all have made trades we regret in hindsight, but do we know Kipper is retiring this year?

I keep hearing odds are pretty good that he will. Then again, the longer we go without hearing anything official, I'd say the more likely it is he plays.

MSG News 2013

Frenzy Edition:

Rangers Roundup, ~~~The days events as they relate to the New York Rangers~~~

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger17m

$750,000 for Greiss on 1 year deal with Arizona Coyotes.

No go for Chad Johnson in Arizona this year.

Edmonton Oilers@EdmontonOilers4m

#Oilers have agreed to terms with goaltender Jason Labarbera on a 1-year deal.

LaBarbara done in Phoenix, could CHad Johnson come up to backup SMith?

Edmonton Oilers@EdmontonOilers

59m

#Oilers receive 2016 7th round pick & D Philip Larsen from the #DallasStars in exchange for Shawn Horcoff | DETAILS > http://ow.ly/mFSQy

TSN Bob MacKenzie - FLA signs Shawn Matthias, 2 years $1.75 AAV.

Alyssa Milano@Alyssa_Milano

18m

I've traveled the world and eaten some amazing food. But nothing quite compares to a New York bagel.

EDIT: what you don't follow alyssa milano? your missin out!

Archived