The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Florida trying to copy the model of the Isles.

A day late and a dollar short.

What model is that? Signing a couple of great veteran UFA's that just happened to play a key part in eliminating me... :sadno::P

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed unrestricted free agent G Tomas Vokoun to a two year deal.

Tomas Vokoun: 2 years, $4.0 million dollar contract ( $ 2,000,000.00 per season ).

**Deal includes a NMC for the duration of term**

3470a15d08789c0eb0784c850273544b.png

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed unrestricted free agent F Michael Handzus to a one year deal.

Michael Handzus: 1 years, $1.75 million dollar contract

**Deal includes a NTC for the duration of term**

3470a15d08789c0eb0784c850273544b.png

We are extremely please to have added Michal and Tomas to our organization, both players we had a chance to see in our series against the Isles and both showed they still have a lot left in the tank and we are thrilled to have added them to our organization, we also felt like we lacked some veteran presence outside of Chris Neil from last season, and with the additions of Manny, Tomas and Michal we felt we have addressed that issue very nicely.

The Panthers have pretty much finalized their opening night roster with these two additions...

Florida Panthers Updated Roster:

James Neal - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane

David Perron - Charlie Coyle - Chris Stewart

Brandon Saad - Michal Handzus - Tyler Toffoli

Matt Martin - Gregory Campbell - Chris Neil

Manny Malhotra - Jean-Gabriel Pageau

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Erik Karlsson

Justin Schultz - Matt Niskanen

Mark Fraser - Adam McQuaid

David Rundblad

Corey Crawford

Tomas Vokoun

SIGNING: The Boston Bruins have signed Lubomir Visnovsky to a 4 year deal

Lubomir Visnovsky - 4 years, $20 million ($5 million per season) *Deal includes a NMC for duration of contract

3238bfa3202fd914c895ca44331071ca.png

Wow... some sleepless nights over this one....

So proud to welcome Lubomir home, and to have him in the organization for years to come. We are glad Lubo has chosen Boston as his final home away from home, as this is something he has struggled to find IRL. He has been a foundation that we`ve built around in Boston, and has done much to contribute to our rise from the league`s 26th spot, to being a top 10 cup contender. He will be top pairing, and will resume with his duties as alternate captain. This contract ensures that he will retire a Bruin, which is exactly how it should be.

Visnovsky - Shattenkirk

Bieksa - Boychuk

Stoner - Redden

Schlemko - Oleksy

When asked about the signing, Greensman simply replied, "So glad I don`t have to plan how to replace him, because you just can`t replace a legend. He belongs here, and now its time for us all to put contracts behind us, and serve up a big dish of compete."

Florida Panthers Updated Roster:

James Neal - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane

David Perron - Charlie Coyle - Chris Stewart

Brandon Saad - Michal Handzus - Tyler Toffoli

Matt Martin - Gregory Campbell - Chris Neil

Manny Malhotra - Jean-Gabriel Pageau

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Erik Karlsson

Justin Schultz - Matt Niskanen

Mark Fraser - Adam McQuaid

David Rundblad

Corey Crawford

Tomas Vokoun

I really like your 4th line and 3rd pairing...depth pool points.

folks sure value their canucks and ex canucks very much in this game. I offered a live volcano and 4 virginal offerings with it for a middle six canuck and was turned away, lol. I am afraid to know how much plunder and wine a Sedin would cost.

League max if they ever hit the open market :P I'm sure greens wouldn't let that happen though

Archived