The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

MSG NEWS:

Camp Wrap Up Edition:

Johan Larsson and Jesse Joensuu seem to have made the cut and they aren't keeping quiet about it in Rangers Camp. Today's free skate was followed by the rest of the day off until noon tomorrow and the lucky players took to twitter to spill their guts about some cuts.

Jesse Joensuu shared a tweet referring to his two linemates to start the season, Shawn Mattias and Mikael Backlund as being almost good enough to be from Finland themselves. Meanwhile Johan Larsson tweeted that while he is a line below fellow Swede Backlund, he was honoured to get to start the year on the big club learning from his elder countryman.

Heavyweight tough guy Patrick Bordeleau will start the year with the Rangers as well, after GM Primal Optimist was quoted saying "It is a sad fact that when you have skilled players in your lineup as the Rangers do at almost every position, you need that imtimidator, that detering factor to keep opposing players honest. Patrick is that guy on our club and will be for the foreseeable future or until the league corrects the situation where you have a fantastic player puts in 30 goals a year and he is being clobbered by some goon on skis."

The forward lines are shaping up in Rangers Camp with some certainty to 19 of the 23 positions.

Known roster spots thus far:

Vanek, Thornton, Iginla

Malone, Stajan, Hudler

Joensuu, Mattias, Backlund

............., .........., Larsson

Bordeleau

Sbisa, Salo

Sekera, Klein

Stuart, Muzzin

........., ..........

Smith

Fasth

Sheldon Souray will be starting the season on LTIR and is expected to miss 3 months of action.

18 of 23 roster spots have been claimed, with Welsh, Ashton, Cracknell, Dvorak and Smith-Pelly working hard for one of three open forward starting jobs and Bortuzzo, Larsen, Sieloff and Bartkowski still waiting on word on the final two defensmen jobs.

Colton Sceviour has been assigned to the Connecticut Whale.

It will be a long 24 hours in New York for these nine players.

Assignment: The St.Louis Blues assign F Joey Crabb to the Greenville Road Warriors

Recall: The St.Louis Blues recall D Mark Borowiecki from the Greenville Road Warriors

Projected Blues Lineup

Morrow - Weiss - Hodgson

Erat - Legwand - Horcoff

Spaling - Goc - Galiardi

Labrie - Vitale - Bournival

Bergenheim

Gorges - Ehrhoff

Schultz - Erskine

Prout - Tallinder

Borowiecki - Sulzer

Mason

MacDonald

UPDATED LA KINGS DEPTH CHART

Martin St. Louis – Evgeni Malkin – Wayne Simmonds

David Perron – David Krejci – Dustin Brown

Justin Abdelkader - Ryan Johansen – Michael Grabner

Tom Sestito – Vladimir Sobotka – Ryan White

Ryan Suter – Jack Johnson

Patrick Wiercioch – Andrej Meszaros

Nicklas Grossmann – Marco Scandella

Sergei Bobrovsky

Antti Raanta

LAS VEGAS ROYALS

John Gaudreau – Dustin Jeffrey – Sven Andrighetto

Simon Gagne – James Wright – Michael Ferland

Andre Petersson – Derek Grant – Matt D’Agostini

Ryan Bourque - ??? - Mitch Callahan

Mark Fraser - Sami Vatanen

Michal Jordan – Magnus Nygren

Nicolas Deslauriers - Justin Holl

Alexei Emelin (LTIR) - William Wrenn

Tyler Bunz

Didn't even show! Boourns.

Didn't get a chance unfortunately.

We did however get caught in the downpour walking from the car to the Aquarium, we were all completely soaked. Had to buy Connor a whole new outfit at the gift shop so he wouldn't get sick. Once he was dry, he loved seeing all the animals though. Did a bit of shopping (to get Jill and I some dry clothes/shoes, among other things) and then dinner before heading home, got back around 2:30am.

Didn't get a chance unfortunately.

We did however get caught in the downpour walking from the car to the Aquarium, we were all completely soaked. Had to buy Connor a whole new outfit at the gift shop so he wouldn't get sick. Once he was dry, he loved seeing all the animals though. Did a bit of shopping (to get Jill and I some dry clothes/shoes, among other things) and then dinner before heading home, got back around 2:30am.

Dude, I was at the aquarium with my girlfriend today.

You make a mean hockey pool, but are a full-on travel 'fail'. Lol.

Sorry we missed ya, woulda loved to say hi, meet the fam, and check out a few jellyfish togetha.

Dude, I was at the aquarium with my girlfriend today.

You make a mean hockey pool, but are a full-on travel 'fail'. Lol.

Sorry we missed ya, woulda loved to say hi, meet the fam, and check out a few jellyfish togetha.

:lol: Oh I'm soooo not wired for the city.

We'll be back in Spring for sure, might drag zen out with me and do a hockey game and more touristy nonsense.

re: Waivers topic

greens and minister are correct in the way the waivers system is set up, but PO is correct in that I haven't updated the language in the CBA to reflect it. An oversight on my part, I will correct that as soon as possible.

It will be one of a few adjustments to the CBA that will be coming shortly. An announcement will be posted when the adjustments are made.

Archived