The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

one more question answered

niklas svedberg assigned to the minors...for now

havent noticed that spencer abbott is still at the leafs camp though

4 roster players are allready questionable for the start of the season

Stephen Weiss (Groin) , Marcel Goc (Upper Body) , Sean Bergenheim (Hip) , Eric Gryba (Upper Body)

Signing: The Los Angeles Kings have signed Sven Andrighetto to a 3 year deal

Sven Andrighetto - 3 years, $2.625 ($875,000 per season)

he was on the blues radar ...did the kings drafted him?...cuz he´s 20 and i remember we have a rule that we cant sign players under 21 years that went undrafted in this league ?

Not as controversial at it sounded I hope...i only mean that tweaking it so that they can only claim if they will put on their main roster is a limit being placed, a throttling down of claims will ensue and more teams will get to keep their waived players on their minor rosters vs what was happening which yes included some teams claiming players and putting them on the minor rosters.

Its really just potatoe patatoe. I wanted to voice my opinion that any throttling down of waiver claims will inherently work to the advantage of higher quality/better managed teams whereas any loosening up of waiver rules would work to the advantage of bottom end/worse managed teams. I guess it all depends on perspective.

OH and I want to add that I am just expressing my thoughts on the very narrow topic. Whatever the rule is, the rule is. I am good with whatever happens, I feel that we should wherever possible mirror the NHL, and right now I am unclear on their rules...but if they have a claim him for the big club rule, then we should too.

The above mentioned change, which started the convo, was already adopted last season... so, not a change at all.

Our waivers now works like the NHL waivers. I think this is a VERY good thing.

http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/nhl-waiver-rules-explained/

I find this is a decent summary without too much language and only misses the "a claimed player must be placed on the CDCGML main roster by the claiming team, or they must if he is waiver eligible waive him again to get him on the junior club"

Or whatever variation we are going with. I don't see any language in our page one posts that says a claimed player must be assigned to the main team, so its time to update that language for sure.

Philip Larsen too. damn, i thought he was going to stick.

i have knewn that powe and crabb were not fixed

but sulzer is s little surprise...means the sabres going with their prospects for now

wondering if someone grabs alex

there a lot of interesting defenders on the waivers though,,,brennan, holzer , liles....crazy times

so it seems the blues are starting with exactly 6 active defenders...borowiecki could be a 7th option..gryba still injured

excepted bournival no one of our hopefull prospects made the roster for now ...raffl , and abbott were late cuts though

and o´brien?

dont think that any team will claim powe and crabb though

Sean Bergenheim (hip/abdomen) participated in Saturday's practice. Bergenheim is still expected to need a few more weeks on the sidelines, which means he won't be available for the Panthers' season opener. He didn't play at all during the shortened season.

another bad news for the blues ...hope he will be placed on ir soon IRL

Archived