The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Big ol' Florida welcome to Joakim, we had submitted an offer for Joakim when free agency started, but even with some complications, we were able to come to terms on a contract, Joakim will be a tremendous addition to our Blackhawk contingent! Pending announcement of James Neal on the LTIR Joakim will be on our active roster.

Florida Panthers Updated Roster

Brandon Saad - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane

Chris Stewart - Jean-Gabriel Pageau - Charlie Coyle

Joakim Nordstrom - Michal Handzus - Chris Neil

Chris Brown - Gregory Campbell - Matt Martin

Craig Adams

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Erik Karlsson

Justin Schultz - Michael Del Zotto

Matt Niskanen - Adam McQuaid

David Rundblad

Corey Crawford

Darcy Kuemper

LTIR

James Neal (Pending)

Darren Helm

Tomas Vokoun

Stanton?

Sorry he should be there beside Rundblad, my bad.

No worries, just wanted to double check. I will have to wait until Neal is assigned to add him to your active roster. If you had meant to move Stanton down, I could add Nordstrom to your active roster now with the open spot but if Stanton is still on the roster it will wait for Neal's assignment.

No worries, just wanted to double check. I will have to wait until Neal is assigned to add him to your active roster. If you had meant to move Stanton down, I could add Nordstrom to your active roster now with the open spot but if Stanton is still on the roster it will wait for Neal's assignment.

Yeah sorry should've clarified :P ... sounds good, thank you :)

Radek Dvorak and his cap friendly new contract scored tonight in the minor league affiliate, making him available for teams looking to add middle six material at cap friendly salary's. Asking price sits around a late 2nd round or deep prospect with upside. If your looking to add, I am being strait up about it.

Steve Downie didn't get a point and was a -1 in about 14 mins but, man, did he throw Nashville off their game.

We always have the question about pims making points but, tonight at least, Downie earned his 10.

/ He's not mine. Not bragging. Just appreciating the different aspects of a hockey game.

24 points tonight..too bad buffalo coudnt have at least gone to ot.

Ryan jones with a great game with oaklahoma tonight. Hopefully he doesnt stay there long.

Miller was insane in that game, 45 saves I think. Deserved a point at least.

Steve Downie didn't get a point and was a -1 in about 14 mins but, man, did he throw Nashville off their game.

We always have the question about pims making points but, tonight at least, Downie earned his 10.

/ He's not mine. Not bragging. Just appreciating the different aspects of a hockey game.

He is mine, and I'm loving his point production for the Sharks already!

Assignment: The Montreal Canadiens assign Michael Latta to the North Dakota Fighting Sioux (no waivers required).

Latta goes to 3rd-line C in minors while Labate drops to 4th. Brad Richardson becomes 3rd-line center with Montreal, while Anthony Peluso moves to 4th-line LW. With an open roster spot, is a move in the works? Stay tuned...

MSG NEWS:

Future Considerations Watch:

FC watch with the Rangers shows a mixed result early in the season. Nick Palmieri and Brett Carson each signed overseas for the year, Nick's European Adventure could net the Rangers a Vancouver 3rd round pick in 2014 if he fails to play one NHL game this season. Brett's trip across the pond could save the Rangers a compensatory 3rd round pick that they would owe Nashville should Brett play 50 or more games this year in the NHL. It is not all good news for GM PO as Ryan Whitney needs to simply play 64 more nhl games to cancel the 3rd round pick coming from Nashville, and it looks like that will be the case. Lastly, G Chad Johnson would need 26 games in net for the Bruins this year to force New York to pay up a 3rd round pick to Colorado. While this is unlikely, it is not unachieveable should Tuuka Rask falter or get injured.

All in all, we are pleased with the breaking winds of our FC's and look forward to seeing them play out over the season.

Archived