The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Man.... you're talking like you're giving up already.

It's only a 12 point lead!!!

Between you and Caboose throwing in the towel two weeks ago I don't know what to make of this.

I'm just used to losing. Try not to get my hopes up anymore it never works out :(

I'm just used to losing. Try not to get my hopes up anymore it never works out :(

Hey Brother never ever ever give up.

2009 Racing Downhill MTB at Mt.Buller I seriously dislocated my left index finger on saturday arvo, they could not do much on the mountain{ gave a me a Peth Pen :) } so i drove to a town { mansfield} 45 minutes away , the doc was gonna see me then some injured people { car crash } rolled up , i had to jump in my car and drive 2 hours to Melbourne.

I had to hold my left hand up in the air for two hours if i let it drop the throbbing pain becam unbearable { peth had run out} .

Got home and Sonia drove me to the Emergency Dep at Maroondah where they gave me a ringlock and it took 15 minutes of pulling on my finger to put it back into place , then they patched it up and I went home.

Got up at 5.30am the next morning drove nearly three hours to Buller and completed a race run on one of the rockiest , gnarliest tracks there is in Vic, takes real commitment to pin it and hang off the back of the bike,, had to hang onto the bars with only 2 fingers and brake with my middle finger.... and I scraped onto the podium

Up on the podium thanked the volunteers then raised my fracked finger and said , never ever give up. People still come up to me at the races raise the index finger and say... never give up hey dave !

It is never over till it's over.

Hey Brother never ever ever give up.

2009 Racing Downhill MTB at Mt.Buller I seriously dislocated my left index finger on saturday arvo, they could not do much on the mountain{ gave a me a Peth Pen :) } so i drove to a town { mansfield} 45 minutes away , the doc was gonna see me then some injured people { car crash } rolled up , i had to jump in my car and drive 2 hours to Melbourne.

I had to hold my left hand up in the air for two hours if i let it drop the throbbing pain becam unbearable { peth had run out} .

Got home and Sonia drove me to the Emergency Dep at Maroondah where they gave me a ringlock and it took 15 minutes of pulling on my finger to put it back into place , then they patched it up and I went home.

Got up at 5.30am the next morning drove nearly three hours to Buller and completed a race run on one of the rockiest , gnarliest tracks there is in Vic, takes real commitment to pin it and hang off the back of the bike,, had to hang onto the bars with only 2 fingers and brake with my middle finger.... and I scraped onto the podium

Up on the podium thanked the volunteers then raised my fracked finger and said , never ever give up. People still come up to me at the races raise the index finger and say... never give up hey dave !

It is never over till it's over.

That's amazing.. great story buddy.

^ if it is any consolation for you to know that your team year over year has been well above average...in fact well above 'above average' even. haha. You have a knack for this sort of thing.

"cheer up, you're above average" I lol'd. thanks for that.

Looking forward to Free Agency:

With teams always looking to keep their best players locked up through their prime years, you may be forgiven for thinking that a lot of the big fish will be snapped up by their current clubs before they even make it to free agency. However, I'm hearing a lot of whispers that indicate that the opening few days is going to be a busy time as a lot more big name players hit free agency than ever before.

Bouwmeester already on the move:

Since Colorado made it public that they could not afford to bring back J-Bo for next season there have been numerous teams interested in the veteran d-man. I've been hearing that there is interest from teams such as the LA Kings, Edmonton Oilers, Nashville Predators and the Columbus Blue Jackets and that the Avalanche have already received a very good offer, although I am still waiting on news of what club has made the offer and the intricate parts. My sources indicate that the deal is almost complete and once some financial concerns are ironed out should be completed in the next day or two.

Florida throwing in the towel?

With Florida currently behind in the Stanley Cup Finals, rumours are starting to circulate that long time GM OurTimeToShine could well be looking to make some whole sale changes to his roster for next season. I've heard from a source close to the GM that OTTS has voiced his displeasure at how his side has performed in this final and how they have not been able to perform in the clutch moments. The series isn't over yet however so if he does get back in to it, I wouldn't be surprised to see a different tune in his winning press conference.

Fresh Life in Canada:

With the resignation of Zen and the firing of Ovechkinator, two Canadian teams have been looking for new GMs this summer. Calgary found theirs in Drouin while Toronto have hired Gally to take them to the next level. Both GMs are fresh faces in the CDCGML and their respective clubs will be hoping they can shoot them back to the top of the CDCGML ladder. Expect both GMs to stamp their mark on the teams early, I'm hearing both teams will be active on the trade front and in free agency.

Dustin Brown Hiccup?

It looked like Dustin Brown was heading for a new long term contract in Ottawa, but I'm hearing that there's been a huge derailment late on in negotiations and the star winger could well now hit the open market. If he does, there will be huge interest in the talented forward.

Florida throwing in the towel?

With Florida currently behind in the Stanley Cup Finals, rumours are starting to circulate that long time GM OurTimeToShine could well be looking to make some whole sale changes to his roster for next season. I've heard from a source close to the GM that OTTS has voiced his displeasure at how his side has performed in this final and how they have not been able to perform in the clutch moments. The series isn't over yet however so if he does get back in to it, I wouldn't be surprised to see a different tune in his winning press conference.

Nope. Regardless of what happens there won't be much going down in Florida. Young players are just that, as I woke up I realized , it's a game of inches, sometimes you get em sometimes you don't.. just enjoy the process. I might get a bit too emotional sometimes but it's only because of the passion(and that I'm a bit crazy :P)

//MISCONDUCTS, GOALS, ASSISTS, PLUSES WOOO GOOOOOO TOFFOLI AND MOORE SPREAD YOUR WINGS AND FLY.

Shoul have captioned that "it is a cup of tears" the hardest pro sport trophy to win but I am guessing if your the horse so is the triple crown

true. doesn't help that I can't keep myself together during the games :lol:

speaking of triple crown did you see that losing horse's owner after the race? what a great rant.

Announcement:

Effective immediately, the Arctic Ice Agency will be closing its doors for the foreseeable future. With apologies to all of the other GM's in the game, I've been way too busy this year to properly handle my caseload and it won't be getting any quieter anytime soon with high-school exams coming and then a move into a new house later this summer. And with the draft only a few short weeks away and then free agency right after that, it's not fair to keep pushing back my negotiations in the hopes that I'll find a spare moment that never seems to come.

I will be moving over my negotiations to either c2x or greensman over the next 48 hours, as the two former agents have returned to their posts. It is my hope that once life settles down a bit I can do the same, but for now I'll need to step away and focus on making my Habs a playoff-bound team for the first time in the CDCGML.

Missed this.. sorry to see you go Arby.

So is greensman an agent once again? Nice!

good question..he also stepped down as agent some weeks ago ?!

resume

squeak stepped down

greens stepped down

brunners stepped in

brunners stepped down

arby stepped down

mike and lethunder are the only agents left???

Greensman is returning as an agent now that things have settled for him, and I am taking on the agent role as well. In the middle of getting things sorted out re: arby's clients.

In the meantime, I'm ready to take on offers if teams are looking for contract talks!

Archived