The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Given the league's penchant for suspending based on injury rather than by the action, do you guys think this sort of thing is common practice by some teams

It is painfully obvious that if the exact play in the exact way occurred with Kassian hitting say, a recalled Matt Pettinger and hurt him enough to have a medical team called on the ice, but without breaking a jaw he would not have faced one regular season suspension. I hate that the NHL punishes the resulting injury based on the caliber of player it happens to, and not the transgression. I do agree repeat offenders need to be dealt with a bit harsher, but for me therein lays the niche point that some teams may capitalize upon, ergo:

((hypothetical flowchart:)) Will kassian ever play for Edmonton, Not Likely -> can we play it up that he needs harsh discipline leading to a "repeat offender" status over time, YES--->Did he hurt one of our players doing up some foul or other, YES---->Push for max punishment. Conversely: is kassian on our wish list--->yes, we should not try to push for punishment so he is clean when and if we acquire him. ; No Story, No issue.

Man the only way my team is getting points is pmi and James wisnieski. My goalies can't buy a win, my defense is James wisnieski and my offense went cold.

Although still pretty impressed with how my team did this month, I will take the points anyway I can!

I like that my team can still get points without the top guns putting up huge points.

Karlsson, PPA, +1, 8pts

Crawford, W, 10pts

Toews, 3G, 1A, +2, 16 pts

Neil, +1, 2pims, 4pts

MDZ, A, +1, 7pts

OEL, PPA, 6pts

Martin, 5pims, +1, 7pts

58 points tonight! Awesome performance once again as we continue to climb the standings!

Man the only way my team is getting points is pmi and James wisnieski. My goalies can't buy a win, my defense is James wisnieski and my offense went cold.

Although still pretty impressed with how my team did this month, I will take the points anyway I can!

I like that my team can still get points without the top guns putting up huge points.

Like tonight! 39 points with only 4 poits from my top 2 lines and 0 goalie and defense points.

Just grinding out the points! I love it!

Bournival with his 3 rd Goal :)

Morrow is still alive and managed a Goal , +1 and 4 Pims with 8 Minutes Toi

to sad to see him getting 4th line Time hope this will turn soon

Gorges a +2

thats it

Raffl . Gelinas , Olesz , Acton 0

Gryba a scratch

Mason with another good performance (2nd Star again ) but a loss ...so no points

18 Points Tonight

Alex Steen: 11 goals in 10 games.

I saw on the TSN Facebook page the other day that it read:

Alex Ovechkin has 10 goals in 10 games. Carry on.

I doubt i'll see a post about Steen tomorrow, but I may eat crow.

Obviously, we are extremely happy with Steen's production.

Meanwhile, Havlat is still hurt and my 3rd (Tierney) is PPG in London. Nice pickup by you.

The Lightning moving up two spots, while Florida leaps over the Sabres in the Atlantic

Washington is heating up in the Metropolitan Division, and while the Rangers maintain the lead,

they slipped from 3rd to 5th league-wide.

Chicago is having a surge of a week in the Central, one point out of first place, however

the division is flagging behind its Pacific counterparts.

Out west in the Pacific Division there is not much shuffle, however Phoenix and San Jose are

enjoying a comfortable buffer in first and second spot. Wild Card slots for the playoffs

certainly appear to favour the Pacific over the Central, and slightly the Atlantic over the Metro,

but it is only one month in.

standingsEastern.png

ATLANTIC

small.png Boston Bruins 926

small.png Ottawa Senators 838

small.png Florida Panthers 818

small.png Buffalo Sabres 793

small.png Montreal Canadiens 713

small.png Tampa Bay Lightning 663

small.png Toronto Maple Leafs 643

small.png Detroit Redwings 636

METROPOLITAN

small.png New York Rangers 827

small.png Pittsburgh Penguins 761

small.png Washington Capitals 744

small.png New York Islanders 734

small.png New Jersey Devils 710

small.png Carolina Hurricanes 673

small.png Philadelphia Flyers 528

standingsWestern.png

CENTRAL

small.png Colorado Avalanche 732

small.png Chicago Blackhawks 731

small.png Winnipeg Jets 700

small.png Nashville Predators 629

small.png Minnesota Wild 621

small.png Dallas Stars 575

small.png St Louis Blues 554

small.png Columbus Blue Jackets 495

PACIFIC

small.png Phoenix Coyotes 869

small.png San Jose Sharks 838

small.png Los Angeles Kings 763

small.png Edmonton Oilers 706

small.png Vancouver Canucks 680

small.png Anaheim Ducks 589

small.png Calgary Flames 518

Rangers staff will be sitting down this weekend to figure out our three stars, while Mike Smith (193 points) seems to be a solid lock for first overall star of October there are as many as five skaters vying for the coveted 2nd and 3rd star spots. Big Joe leads the tight top point spread with 67, Jarome and Ryan with 63 each, followed by Jiri with 57. Sami is the top Dman thus far at 51 points, making it a very hard decision that will inevitably lead to a late post Saturday morning declaring our 3 stars for October.

Rangers staff will be sitting down this weekend to figure out our three stars, while Mike Smith (193 points) seems to be a solid lock for first overall star of October there are as many as five skaters vying for the coveted 2nd and 3rd star spots. Big Joe leads the tight top point spread with 67, Jarome and Ryan with 63 each, followed by Jiri with 57. Sami is the top Dman thus far at 51 points, making it a very hard decision that will inevitably lead to a late post Saturday morning declaring our 3 stars for October.

i have not only one player over 50 points :(

Blues Player of the Week (Week 4)

G Steve Mason

041713_steve_mason_600.jpg

Steve recorded 2 Wins and 20 Poolpoints last Week.

He has a good Season so far , only the fact that the Guys in front of him left him alone most of the Games

kept him away from more Wins and Poolpoints. His Goalie Stats are pretty good though.

"All in all it was a good decision to Trade for him and we´ll have a good Year with Steve

when the whole Team wakes up." Bombastic said.

Blues Prospect Report (Juniors, College , Europe)

iqbl75.jpg Curtis Valk (Medicine Hat/WHL) GP 14 G 7 A 11 PTS 19

iqbl75.jpg Logan Nelson (Victoria/WHL) GP 17 G 8 A 11 PTS 19

iqbl75.jpg Joey Laleggia (Denver/NCAA) GP 6 G 3 A 1 PTS 4

iqbl75.jpg Brian Ferlin (Cornell/NCAA) GP 2 G 1 A 3 PTS 4

iqbl75.jpg Brady Skjei (Minnesota/NCAA) GP 6 G 1 A 1 PTS 2

iqbl75.jpg Erik Karlsson (FrölundaJ20/SuperElit) GP 7 G 4 A 8 PTS 12

iqbl75.jpg Erik Karlsson (Frölunda/SEL) GP 9 G 0 A 1 PTS 1

iqbl75.jpg Calle Andersson (MalmöJ20/SuperElit) GP 2 G 0 A 0 PTS 0

iqbl75.jpg Calle Andersson (Malmö/Allsvenskan) GP 11 G 1 A 4 PTS 5

iqbl75.jpg Nikolai Prokhorkin (CSKA Moskva/KHL) GP 20 G 9 A 6 PTS 15

iqbl75.jpg Samu Perhonen (Indiana/USHL) GP 5 W 1 L 2 GAA 3,74 SV% 0,840

Activation: