The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

IMO the penalty is justified. You were able to make a second deal with that pick...

For example, I had an opportunity to trade Griffin Reinhart twice since he wasn't removed from my spreadsheet. Nearly everyone forgot that I had dealt him... Many GMs presented me with offers but I turned them down since I knew Reinhart was no longer property of the Anaheim Ducks. I would've been able to put together a package to bring in another big name player (Hossa, Keith, and anonymous) this past summer if the deal went undetected like your 2nd rounder. I'm more than certain that teams would've been choked that I got away with the deal.

It's an honest mistake by you but you should be penalized and a 1st rounder pick is more than fair. I'm sure the league would have done the same with a marquee team.

Just stay competitive and hope the pick isn't too high (like you've already vowed). ;)

IMO the penalty is justified. You were able to make a second deal with that pick...

For example, I had an opportunity to trade Griffin Reinhart twice since he wasn't removed from my spreadsheet. Nearly everyone forgot that I had dealt him... Many GMs presented me with offers but I turned them down since I knew Reinhart was no longer property of the Anaheim Ducks. I would've been able to put together a package to bring in another big name player (Hossa, Keith, and anonymous) this past summer if the deal went undetected like your 2nd rounder. I'm more than certain that teams would've been choked that I got away with the deal.

It's an honest mistake by you but you should be penalized and a 1st rounder pick is more than fair. I'm sure the league would have done the same with a marquee team.

Just stay competitive and hope the pick isn't too high (like you've already vowed). ;)

I feel like it would be pretty difficult to not notice two Griffin Reinhart trades lol.

Draft picks kind of blend together and aren't very memorable, its a pretty easy mistake to make.

TRADE: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made a trade with the Los Angeles Kings.

To CBJ:

Patrick Wiercioch

David Savard

OTT 2014 1st Round Draft Selection

LA 2015 2nd Round Draft Selection

FLA 2015 2nd Round Draft Selection

To LA:

Jonathan Ericsson

Dmitri Jaskin

Dmitri Orlov

Anders Lee

FLA 2014 3rd Round Draft Selection

TRADE: The Edmonton Oilers have made a trade with the Los Angeles Kings.

To EDM:

Matt D'Agostini

To LA:

EDM 2015 3rd Round Draft Selection

TRADE: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made a trade with the Los Angeles Kings.

To CBJ:

Andrej Meszaros

To LA:

TB 2014 3rd Round Draft Selection

The LA Kings are pleased to welcome several new faces to the organization and wish all the best to the departing players from these 3 deals.

ASSIGNMENT: The LA Kings would like to re-call D Sami Vatanen from Las Vegas.

LA KINGS

Martin St. Louis - Evgeni Malkin - David Perron

Michael Grabner - David Krejci - Wayne Simmonds

Vladimir Sobotka - Ryan Johansen - Justin Abdelkader

Tom Sestito - Derek Grant - Chris Thorburn

? - ? - Ryan White

Ryan Suter - Jack Johnson

Jonathan Ericsson - Marco Scandella

Alexei Emelin - Dmitry Orlov

Nicklas Grossmann - Sami Vatanen

Sergei Bobrovsky

Alex Stalock

LAS VEGAS ROYALS

Dmitrij Jaskin - Anders Lee - Brett Connolly

John Gaudreau - Brandon McMillan - Sven Andrighetto

Michael Ferland - Tyler Graovac - Andre Petersson

Jerry D'Amigo - Jay Beagle - Mitchell Callahan

Simon Gagne - ? - Ryan Bourque

Michal Jordan - Magnus Nygren

Nicolas Deslauriers - Justin Holl

William Wrenn

Antti Raanta

Tyler Bunz

The decision would have been the same regardless of which team it had been that made the error or which team would have been the benefactor. Losing a 1st round pick for any team sucks but Columbus entered into the trade to acquire the 2nd round pick in good faith, as did the previous teams in each deal. The Blue Jackets deserved to be compensated in a fair manner, which is a pick of equal or greater value, in this case, the offending teams 1st round pick.

It is definitely unfortunate and I'm sure an honest mistake by all involved, I don't believe anyone had any malicious intent in the situation. But the fact remains that teams have to be responsible for their roster and the moves they make, and this ruling both corrects the issue and sends that message. If my club had been the one to mix up and Boston was the club deserving compensation, my 1st round pick would be heading to the Bruins (it's not though, don't get excited greens :P ). Position in the standings or who runs the team do not come into play. The integrity of the league depends on keeping these things on even ground for every team that competes in our league.

I appreciate the honesty in the question though, as always I'm open to questions, comments and constructive criticism. It's the best way to grow and evolve the game and make sure it's the best league it can possibly be.

Enjoy the 2014 first round pick. I'm determined to make it as late as possible!!

Here's a question. If I would have done those trades with better teams that are 1st and 2nd would the ruling still be me giving up my 1st round pick? Or is this an effort to turn Colombus around?

I remember last year when I was last I received a lot of breaks from the league, like anybody that I wanted to sign I got haha. . So I don't mind doing it.

I'd also like to note that 'being able to sign anybody you wanted' wasn't an effort to help your club turn things around. It was a by-product of your club having multiple holes in the roster. The players you offered for, some had multiple teams interested, but Carolina offered the best situation for those players in regards to holding places on the roster and getting ice time. It was an effort to accurately reflect a players desire to play and not be moved up and down between the big club and the minors.

The one that might be questionable was Antoine Roussell, but after another team had agreed to a contract with Antoine, they graciously stepped aside to allow Carolina to sign him after miscommunication had one agent post a deal with the Canes before the other teams contract was posted. If that was an effort to help turn Carolina around, you'd have to ask that GM.

St.Louis Blues Roster Moves

Assignment : The Blues assign D Mark Borowiecki to the Greenville Road Warriors (no waivers)

Recall: The Blues recall F Mike Hoffman from the Greenville Road Warriors

We thank Mark for his efforts for now and we hope that he will be Back during the Season.

He had a great November even most of his Points were Penalty Minutes. This is what we need in this League.

Welcome to the NHL Mike Hoffman...Mike has 11 Goals and 26 Points in the AHL so far.

We hope he can support our struggling Forward Section ...Good Luck.

I'd also like to note that 'being able to sign anybody you wanted' wasn't an effort to help your club turn things around. It was a by-product of your club having multiple holes in the roster. The players you offered for, some had multiple teams interested, but Carolina offered the best situation for those players in regards to holding places on the roster and getting ice time. It was an effort to accurately reflect a players desire to play and not be moved up and down between the big club and the minors.

The one that might be questionable was Antoine Roussell, but after another team had agreed to a contract with Antoine, they graciously stepped aside to allow Carolina to sign him after miscommunication had one agent post a deal with the Canes before the other teams contract was posted. If that was an effort to help turn Carolina around, you'd have to ask that GM.

I remember this opportunity, from when I signed up in Boston in 2009. My original roster had 10 players, so I ran out and signed 4 players in the first week:

- Jannik Hansen

- Brandon Sutter

- Scott Parse (sad story, would`ve been great.)

- Mathieu Perreault (signed to the minors - then the PDS- prospect development system)

Man I really have stayed committed to my players, lol. All still on contract.

Hey guys, just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I won't be around much until December 14th. Have a pretty insane work schedule for the first half of the month and probably won't be able to get on CDC much. I'll have the following weeks off so any inquiries will probably be answered then. Good luck to all, these playoff races are exciting to watch!

-RL.

Archived