The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Contract Extension: The Philadelphia Flyers have resigned pending restricted free agent forward Jakub Voracek to a six year deal.

Jakub Voracek: 6 years, $ 6.5 million dollar contract ( $ 39,000,000.00 per season ).

v-logo.jpg

With all due respect, we feel that $39m per season is not the contract we agreed upon with Jakub...

Pending James Neal being placed on the LTIR:

Florida activates Marian Hossa off of the LTIR.

Forwards:

Saad-Toews-Kane

McGinn-Coyle-Hossa

Zibanejad-Talbot-Toffoli

Handzus-Campbell-Adams

McCormick-Malhotra

Roster Move:

Recall: The Washington Capitals recall Justin Florek and place him on the NHL roster.

Washington Capitals

Chris Kreider - Kyle Turris - Evander Kane

Patrik Elias - Sam Gagner - Andrew Cogliano

Jakob SIlfverberg - John Mitchell - Zack Kassian

Chris Porter - Rob Klinkhammer - Richard Panik

Justin Fontaine - Justin Florek

Keith Yandle - Tobias Enstrom

Ryan Ellis - Jan Hejda

Kyle Quincey - Sergei Gonchar

Simon Despres

Kari Lehtonen

Thomas Greiss

Boy is this Canucks team in a rut. Even under AV I had faith he could turn it around, under Torts I have zero. This truly sucks. I've not been this down on the Nucks since we missed the playoffs in Trevor Linden's final season.

The past few games actually have given me some hope. Burrows is showing he can still be a good top-9 option, Matthias is looking like he can be a killer 3C, Jensen looks awesome and like hes a NHL player, and with Bo coming in next year and likely another top-10 pick along with a shit ton of cap space in the summer I think we aren't in that bad shape.

The past few games actually have given me some hope. Burrows is showing he can still be a good top-9 option, Matthias is looking like he can be a killer 3C, Jensen looks awesome and like hes a NHL player, and with Bo coming in next year and likely another top-10 pick along with a crap ton of cap space in the summer I think we aren't in that bad shape.

burr is one of the better guys lately and i´m really happy about this...burr is and will be one of my alltime fav canucks

I hope they will be, and also think they will be, in the hunt still when the ducks come at the end of the month. I want the game i see live to mean something, win or lose.

I am still excited about the team and the management, the speed wobble under the new CBA really affected the last year and a bit, clearly, but it is really in the past now and should the team actually enjoy some playoff time, that would rock. BUT if they miss this year, its okay too. You can not be in the playoffs every year for a decade, it doesn't work that way really in the parity age.

I think they will slide in barely, find new life and air in the lungs by doing so and enjoy some post season to keep the streak going. Next year, I think we will see a better lineup all around.

Archived