The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Entry Level Contract: The Phoenix Coyotes have signed 2013 draftee forward Johan Sundstrom to a three year deal.

Johan Sundstrom: 3 years, $ 2.25 million dollar contract ( $ 750,000.00 per season ).

Haha... I like the subtle message in blue letters..... We will know on Tuesday.

Sundstrom will be 4th line in the minors to start

Entry Level Contract: The Phoenix Coyotes have signed 2013 draftee forward Johan Sundstrom to a three year deal.

Johan Sundstrom: 3 years, $ 2.25 million dollar contract ( $ 750,000.00 per season ).

hahaha, i didn't notice exactly until Squeak pointed it out.

So far this has been a season of dreams for me, as a fan. AV: out. Torts: in, and now I read this morning my other pet 'dream' is being worked on by the Canucks brass....Schneids: possibly out.

No secret that I have disliked AV as our coach for about six years, and I have also said several times that Cory may have to be the one to go, and quite rightly should be traded. The logic of it is overwhelming: no NTC, easier to move contract, young and 'future so bright he is bound to bring in the highest return, but most importantly, Luongo is a great goaltender who has a proven track record and an easy to keep cap hit, not to mention a gold medal at the most recent olympics. AV, in my mind, caused the controversy, Av is gone, Gillis can attribute the goalie issue to AV and move forward with Lu. Cory will bring in the highest return due to a combination of factors, mostly the length and cost of the remaining LU contract and we can win with either goalie in net. It was never the goalie controversy it was the playoff GOALS controversy, and that needs to be addressed.

MSG NEWS 2013

Offseason Edition:

The New York Rangers have announced a slight adjustment to their off-season depth chart in anticipation of the unofficial 'trade deadline' tomorrow and then more importantly July 5th's Free Agency period.

New York Rangers

Thomas Vanek | Joe Thornton | Jiri Hudler

Ryan Malone | Matt Stajan | Nik Antropov

Marcus Foligno | Mikael Backlund | Radek Dvorak

Devante Smith-Pelly | Shawn Matthias | Chris Brown

| Jeremy Welsh |

Sheldon Souray | Jake Muzzin

Sami Salo | Kevin Klein

Mark Stuart | Philip Larsen

Connor Murphy | Robert Bortuzzo

Mike Smith

Justin Peters

The Connecticut Whale

Carter Ashton | Adam Cracknell | Nick Palmieri

Cody Bass | Philip McRae | Maxim Shalunov

Craig Cunningham | Carson McMillan | Corey Cowick

Andrew Johnston | ........................... | Mike Testwuide

Matt Bartkowski | Bobby Sanguinetti

Brett Carson | Ty Wishart

Colten Teubert | Mike Moore

Chad Johnson

*kindly adviise of any inadvertent ommissions

CONGRATULATIONS TO BRANDON SAAD AND JUSTIN SCHULTZ ON BEING NAMED TO THE ALL-NHL ROOKIE TEAM!

The Future is bright in Florida!

Saad, a second-round pick (No. 43) by the Blackhawks in 2011, led all rookies with a plus-17 rating, including a plus-12 rating on the road, to help Chicago earn its second Presidents’ Trophy in team history. He played 46 games and ranked fifth among rookies in each of the three major scoring categories -- goals (10), assists (17) and points (27). Saad, 20, also placed third among freshmen first-year forwards in average time on ice (16:27) and was fourth among all first-year skaters in shots on goal with 98.

Schultz signed with the Oilers as a free agent after playing three seasons at the University of Wisconsin and led first-year defensemen in goals (8), assists (19) and points (27) in 48 games. The 22-year-old also led all rookies with 11 power-play assists and 15 power-play points, five more than the next-closest player, and tied for first among freshmen skaters with three game-winning goals. Among rookies, Schultz ranked second in total time on ice (1,029:35), third in average time on ice (21:26) and first in average power-play time on ice (3:12).

Current Oilers Roster:

Pacioretty - Richards - Kovalchuk

Marleau - Umberger - Steen

Frolik - Ruutu - Clarkson

____ - Gaustad - Rupp

Tyutin - Hamhuis

Smid - Hjalmarsson

Petry - Dekeyser

Klefbom - Blum

Varlamov

______

Those in Bold are untouchables

Those Underlined are actively being shopped

Those in normal font may be moved for the right price, but are not readily available.

Minnesota congratulates our new goalie Jake Allen for making the NHL all-rookie team!

A second-round pick by the Blues in the 2008 NHL Draft, Allen led rookie goaltenders in wins (9), goals-against average (2.46) and save percentage (.905) while ranking second in appearances (15) and minutes (803:53). He won eight of his first nine decisions, including five straight March 7-16, and became the third netminder in league history to win his first NHL start in Detroit.

Florida Panthers 2013 Draft Profile

Jean-Gabriel Pageau, 2nd Round, 40th Overall

Ottawa’s second undersized forward of the 2011 draft (after Shane Prince), Pageau was not ranked by Central Scouting, although every other scouting agency had him listed (#102 by ISS for example). Pierre Dorion is a huge fan of Pageau‘s, who was the dominating leader for Gatineau before a trade to Chicoutimi saw a drop in his production. Because he’s very responsible defensively, it may seem less incumbent on Pageau to score at the next level, but there aren’t many undersized checking centers. Pageau talked about his motivation after being drafted, “You saw a lot of players (drafted) before me, good players, too, but I know I can play with them. I know there’s a lot of good players in the first round, second round, third round, but I know I can play with them. So I’m not stressed about it.AndI think there’s good examples in the NHL [of smaller guys]. There’s small players with every team, and I believe and I hope that I’m going to be the next one. I don’t get affected [by] people always saying you’re too small [and] not strong enough – I work hard to get stronger so I’m not afraid of that

JGP has had a tremendous start to his NHL career after being recalled late in the 2013 season, Pageau did not at all look out of place and had a breakout performance in the playoffs.

Josh Morrissey, 1st Round, 20th Overall

Morrissey, a 5-foot-11, 182 pound defender who shoots from the left side, had a very productive 2012-13. In 70 games for the Raiders, he was an offensive catalyst from the blueline, recording 15 goals and 47 points.

He was also a star for Canada at the Ivan Hlinka tournament and the World U18 championships, recording eight points in five games and seven points in seven games respectively. He earned a gold medal at both tournaments.

Morrissey’s biggest asset comes from his offensive game. He is a very fluid skater who possesses good offensive instincts and tools. He moves the puck around effectively and can put pucks on net. His awareness is good all over the ice and he plays bigger than his size, engaging opponents physically.

While Morrissey does play bigger than his measurements may lend themselves to, that willingness to engage physically underscores the main weak point of his game: his strength. Until he develops a strength level that will allow him to compete physically with big, tough NHL forwards, it’s unlikely that he will be able to contribute consistently at a meaningful level. His defensive positioning could also stand to improve at the next level.

As far as offensive defencemen in the 2013 Entry Draft go, very few -- if any -- come with more ability than Morrissey does. He is a slick player with a good edge to his game that should evolve into a quality NHL defenceman for years to come. While the offensive skills are currently more of an asset than the defensive ones, development of the latter could round Morrissey into a top pairing talent.

I am so glad my front office team prioritized Mike Smith as our number one contract issue way back in January. We worked first and foremost to secure Mike long term and with the news coming in from a large number of sources now on a 6 year 5.7million dollar NHL deal to stay in Phoenix, or where ever Phoenix ends up, we are glad we took the slight gamble and had it pay off.

Congrats to Mike Smith and to all of New York Rangers franchise stakeholders and fans. A great partnership will continue for at least the next five seasons.

I am so glad my front office team prioritized Mike Smith as our number one contract issue way back in January. We worked first and foremost to secure Mike long term and with the news coming in from a large number of sources now on a 6 year 5.7million dollar NHL deal to stay in Phoenix, or where ever Phoenix ends up, we are glad we took the slight gamble and had it pay off.

Congrats to Mike Smith and to all of New York Rangers franchise stakeholders and fans. A great partnership will continue for at least the next five seasons.

Mike Smith for 6 years @ $5.7 million?

Or Roberto Luongo for 9 years @ $5.333 million?

Roberto's contract is not as bad as the media wants you to believe.

Cuz of some wrong calculations the Blues are may forced to move 1 or 2 Roster Players in the next Weeks.

On the Block are...

Darroll Powe

Nick Schultz

Colton Gillies

Joey Crabb

if we wont find interests for those Players we would also consider to move..

Andrei Sekera and Joe Vitale

We would also take offers for Jay Bouwmeester but his NTC is a problem..there are just a handfull of Teams he would consider to move to ....but his Salary is really high with 6,8 Million Bucks.

We are looking for Draftpicks , Prospects or/and cheaper NHL experienced Defenders.

Archived