The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Huge night for the Isles in trying to make up ground in the battle for the last playoff spot in the East.

Rask - W = 10

Bergeron - A, +2, 2pim = 9

Hamilton - +2 = 4

Kuznetsov - G - 3

Halischuk - 2pim = 2

Seguin - GWG, A, +2 = 12

Tinordi - 2A, +1 = 12

Franzen - 2PPA = 8

Smith - +1, 2pim = 4

Edler - PPG, A, +1 = 13

Hutton - SO = 20

Cullen - A, +2 = 7

Wilson - A, +1 = 5

Jarnkrok - A, +1, 2pim = 7

116 points by my count.That's going to make the last couple of weeks interesting.

Nothing for Garrison, Clifford, Bertuzzi, Bennett, and Schenn or it could have been even bigger.

Huge night for the Isles in trying to make up ground in the battle for the last playoff spot in the East.

Rask - W = 10

Bergeron - A, +2, 2pim = 9

Hamilton - +2 = 4

Kuznetsov - G - 3

Halischuk - 2pim = 2

Seguin - GWG, A, +2 = 12

Tinordi - 2A, +1 = 12

Franzen - 2PPA = 8

Smith - +1, 2pim = 4

Edler - PPG, A, +1 = 13

Hutton - SO = 20

Cullen - A, +2 = 7

Wilson - A, +1 = 5

Jarnkrok - A, +1, 2pim = 7

116 points by my count.That's going to make the last couple of weeks interesting.

Nothing for Garrison, Clifford, Bertuzzi, Bennett, and Schenn or it could have been even bigger.

Daaaaaaayum. Should make for an interesting last week!

Solid 59 for FLA tonight, looks like LA struggled tonight so hopefully create some breathing room!

Daaaaaaayum. Should make for an interesting last week!

Solid 59 for FLA tonight, looks like LA struggled tonight so hopefully create some breathing room!

As far as I can see, Carolina got around 45 points and Pittsburgh really struggled.

If I made up 70 points of about 150 then that's big.

I'm especially proud that only 8 points came from PIMs. That's the Isles way.

It appears to be all sewn up out West, but the East's Metro Division is the tightest race in the league! Of course I forgot about league awards, but I dig that all 30 GM's vote on which players get what awards. The biggest race remaining by the way is that Washington, Carolina, Pittsburge and the Islanders are four teams basically fighting for 2 playoff spots and separated by just 146 points in total. With 4 games remaining on average for each player on each team, it is going to come down to the final wire!!!

standingsEastern.png

ATLANTIC

1small.png Florida Panthers 5454 Z

2small.png Ottawa Senators 5089 X

3small.png Boston Bruins 4919 X

METROPOLITAN

1small.png New Jersey Devils 5240 Y

2small.png New York Rangers 4824 X

3small.png Washington Capitals 4641

WILD CARD

1small.png Buffalo Sabres 4818 X

2small.png Carolina Hurricanes 4570

3small.png Pittsburgh Penguins 4522

4small.png New York Islanders 4495

5small.png Detroit Redwings 4277

6small.png Tampa Bay Lightning 4169

7small.png Toronto Maple Leafs 4094

8small.png Montreal Canadiens 4002

9small.png Philadelphia Flyers 3704

standingsWestern.png

CENTRAL

1small.png Minnesota Wild 4883 Y

2small.png Winnipeg Jets 4705 X

3small.png Chicago Blackhawks 4311 X

PACIFIC

1small.png Los Angeles Kings 5367 Z

2small.png San Jose Sharks 4813 X

3small.png Phoenix Coyotes 4782 X

WILD CARD

1small.png Vancouver Canucks 4678 X

2small.png Edmonton Oilers 4419 X

3small.png Anaheim Ducks 4028

4small.png Colorado Avalanche 3915

5small.png Nashville Predators 3886

6small.png St Louis Blues 3875

7small.png Calgary Flames 3294

8small.png Dallas Stars 3261

9small.png Columbus Blue Jackets 3066

It appears to be all sewn up out West, but the East's Metro Division is the tightest race in the league! Of course I forgot about league awards, but I dig that all 30 GM's vote on which players get what awards. The biggest race remaining by the way is that Washington, Carolina, Pittsburge and the Islanders are four teams basically fighting for 2 playoff spots and separated by just 146 points in total. With 4 games remaining on average for each player on each team, it is going to come down to the final wire!!!

standingsEastern.png

ATLANTIC

1small.png Florida Panthers 5454 Z

2small.png Ottawa Senators 5089 X

3small.png Boston Bruins 4919 X

METROPOLITAN

1small.png New Jersey Devils 5240 Y

2small.png New York Rangers 4824 X

3small.png Washington Capitals 4641

WILD CARD

1small.png Buffalo Sabres 4818 X

2small.png Carolina Hurricanes 4570

3small.png Pittsburgh Penguins 4522

4small.png New York Islanders 4495

5small.png Detroit Redwings 4277

6small.png Tampa Bay Lightning 4169

7small.png Toronto Maple Leafs 4094

8small.png Montreal Canadiens 4002

9small.png Philadelphia Flyers 3704

standingsWestern.png

CENTRAL

1small.png Minnesota Wild 4883 Y

2small.png Winnipeg Jets 4705 X

3small.png Chicago Blackhawks 4311 X

PACIFIC

1small.png Los Angeles Kings 5367 Z

2small.png San Jose Sharks 4813 X

3small.png Phoenix Coyotes 4782 X

WILD CARD

1small.png Vancouver Canucks 4678 X

2small.png Edmonton Oilers 4419 X

3small.png Anaheim Ducks 4028

4small.png Colorado Avalanche 3915

5small.png Nashville Predators 3886

6small.png St Louis Blues 3875

7small.png Calgary Flames 3294

8small.png Dallas Stars 3261

9small.png Columbus Blue Jackets 3066

would be fine if my team reaches the 4k points mark ...and then looking forward to the next season

^ 4k is not bad when you consider the East's average points so far this season are 4588 and the West's average is 4219. The overall league average is then 4404. Not to be all analytical, but there are only 4 teams outside the range that I would consider "parity" at the bottom of the standings this year and that is cool! At the same time there are marginally 3 or 4 teams above what could be considered 'parity' also, but that will happen each and every year, and is not so high above as to cause me any concern. In short, if the 26th team in the league ends up 200 points below the conference average, that is pretty good parity. I know the draft will help the last 4 teams out also, as it gives them assets...my guess is that next year will be even tighter!

(edit) 200 points behind conference average is less than 5% off the average, and that is pretty tight really!

^ 4k is not bad when you consider the East's average points so far this season are 4588 and the West's average is 4219. The overall league average is then 4404. Not to be all analytical, but there are only 4 teams outside the range that I would consider "parity" at the bottom of the standings this year and that is cool! At the same time there are marginally 3 or 4 teams above what could be considered 'parity' also, but that will happen each and every year, and is not so high above as to cause me any concern. In short, if the 26th team in the league ends up 200 points below the conference average, that is pretty good parity. I know the draft will help the last 4 teams out also, as it gives them assets...my guess is that next year will be even tighter!

(edit) 200 points behind conference average is less than 5% off the average, and that is pretty tight really!

i m sure my team could have done better but injuries and really bad slumps kept me on the bottom of the League.

January and partly February showed me what my Team can really do though ...but since the Olympic Break a lot of Players are

off again. Tallinder, Volchenkov, Erskine and Sulzer out/off in the past Weeks also hurts.

I´m looking forward to the Draft and hope that i can grab a good Player who is probably NHL Ready imediately.

How haven't we abolished the awards affecting league standings rule yet?

Hate to complain but this is the biggest flaw in our game.

I like the awards, and think they are one of the more unique differences between our league and all the others.

My 2 cents.

I like the awards, and think they are one of the more unique differences between our league and all the others.

My 2 cents.

Obviously I respect everyone's opinion on this subject but for teams to move places in the standings after the regular season ends due to a voting system that is based on active General Managers in the leagues opinions tarnishes the integrity of the game in my opinion.

In real life Alexander Ovechkin will win the Maurice Richard trophy but that does not give the real life Washington Capitals bonus wins to get into the playoffs. These players are already earning huge amounts of points with the stats that they earn by scoring for their teams and in my opinion that is all they should earn.

Hockey more than any other sport in my opinion is a team game and every team is the sum of its parts. The award winning players are not always the players on the best teams.

Obviously this rule will hold value this season but I hope that it can be changed or abolished next season.

If we had awards based on stats that did not involve voting I think that would be an interesting twist.

Maybe at the end of the season the league leaders in faceoff%, hits, and blocked shots could earn bonus points for their team. Just an idea.

Maybe this isn't the time to bring something like this up and we could hold off discussions until the offseason. Maybe everyone but me loves the rule and their will be no discussions at all. Teams getting into the playoffs or moving places in the standings due to a voting system is very bias and anti climactic in my opinion.

I don't think it is bias if we all vote on which player gets the points for any given award, but maybe we should do vote 2 weeks before the trade deadline and then those votes would be tabulated for the end of the year..then there is no personal squeeker of a playoff race being decided by the votes...its all been voted on 2 months earlier before anyone knew what the races would be.

Obviously I respect everyone's opinion on this subject but for teams to move places in the standings after the regular season ends due to a voting system that is based on active General Managers in the leagues opinions tarnishes the integrity of the game in my opinion.

In real life Alexander Ovechkin will win the Maurice Richard trophy but that does not give the real life Washington Capitals bonus wins to get into the playoffs. These players are already earning huge amounts of points with the stats that they earn by scoring for their teams and in my opinion that is all they should earn.

Hockey more than any other sport in my opinion is a team game and every team is the sum of its parts. The award winning players are not always the players on the best teams.

Obviously this rule will hold value this season but I hope that it can be changed or abolished next season.

If we had awards based on stats that did not involve voting I think that would be an interesting twist.

Maybe at the end of the season the league leaders in faceoff%, hits, and blocked shots could earn bonus points for their team. Just an idea.

Maybe this isn't the time to bring something like this up and we could hold off discussions until the offseason. Maybe everyone but me loves the rule and their will be no discussions at all. Teams getting into the playoffs or moving places in the standings due to a voting system is very bias and anti climactic in my opinion.

1. Outright bonus points, no. But how many points did the Capitals gain in the standings because of some of those goals (most likely on the powerplay...)? How many extra points in the standings does a team have thanks to Selke type performances from a certain forward, or how many Norris Trophy caliber plays by a defender resulted in a win for a team where they otherwise may have lost? How many extra points did a team like Columbus last season get due to Sergei Bobrovsky's Vezina caliber season? That is the type of impact that those players have. It reflects throughout the year. Because the structure of our game is as it is, we cannot award those contributions in a tangible way without handing out points for those awards. That is what the awards are designed to reflect.

2. An interesting thought to discuss in the offseason perhaps.

3. I disagree. I think it adds an interesting twist and adds to the intrigue of the end of the season. We've had the awards every year since the game started. It has never once decided a division champion, and only once has it gotten a team into the playoffs and bumped another team out. Also, bias suggests that the outcome is fixed in some way and I strongly disagree with that. My votes for the Calder, Vezina, Hart etc. would be the same regardless of what CDCGML team they played on, and in the past the votes I have received from other GMs reflected the same. The weighted points system offers balance for the few GMs that might vote for a player specifically because of what team it may benefit or work against. That's also why teams cannot vote for their own players, to try and remove any potential bias. We've also removed past awards that are very subjective, like the King Clancy award. In real life it's a great award to have, but in this game it serves no real purpose and it will not be included in the voting.

Archived