The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

im not sure if that was sarcasm bro

brutal comment imo :lol:

Anything can happen in the playoffs so I will not be counting any eggs before they hatch my friend! Take nothing in life for granted :)

something unbelieveable must happen to lose this one but well ...never say never :)

I didn't have any sarcasm in my post sorry if I offended anyone.. every matchup is tough IMO and I won't be comfortable unless I have a humongous big lead! But I must say I enjoy your confidence in the Panthers :)

I didn't have any sarcasm in my post sorry if I offended anyone.. every matchup is tough IMO and I won't be comfortable unless I have a humongous big lead! But I must say I enjoy your confidence in the Panthers :)

Certainly no offence taken bud :)

We`ve had a longstanding rivalry, and I`m always glad to compete. I must say, though we`ll fight tooth and nail, that if you have to lose, its best to lose to the best. Nothing but respect for the Panthers, and their success. I knew this was coming, our paths would have to intersect for me to truly contemplate a championship.

Just for a second, lets imagine what it would look like if St. Louis had been able to maintain the pace of the first two games... This match-up would look much different ;) That was my chance, and it was definitely part of my post season plan. Sometimes your Gm plans work, and sometimes they just don`t. Certainly didnt expect to be without my Canuck contingent either. #bestlaidplans

Proud to make it to the second round, and excited to compete with the best!

@ Curt

you can delete Alex Sulzer from the League ...he has signed a 5 Years Contract with Cologne of the German Hockey League.

http://www.haie.de/index.php?type=article&articleId=6981

The Kölner Haie have committed the first new player for the new DEL Season 2014/2015 . Alexander Sulzer , who wore the jersey of the NHL clubs Buffalo Sabres last season , signed with the KEC a contract until 2019. The defender , who was wearing the German shirt so far with three A World Championships and two Olympic Games , played a total of 131 times in the NHL .

Born on May 30 , 1984 in Kaufbeuren, Sulzer In 2002, from his hometown in the DEL . After a season with the Hamburg Freezers he hired at the Düsseldorf EC where he stood from 2003 to 2007 under contract. As Sulzer , who was drafted in the third round in 2003 by the Nashville Predators in 2007 moved to North America , he looked up 232 DEL games back (62 points scorer ) .
From 2007 to today completed the 29 -year-old 162 games in the AHL ( Milwaukee and Rochester - 25 goals , 84 templates , 109 points) and 131 appearances in the NHL ( Nashville , Florida , Vancouver and Buffalo - seven goals , 15 assists , 22 points). In the lock-out season 12/13 Sulzer played 21 times for the ERC Ingolstadt.

Tom Poti retired

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450974

Tom Poti announced his retirement on Thursday after 14 seasons in the NHL.

Poti played in 824 regular NHL games with four teams in his career; the Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers, New York Islanders and the Washington Capitals. He amassed career totals of 69 goals and 258 assists for 327 regular season points. Poti also played in one NHL All-Star Game in 2003 and represented the United States in the Olympics in 2002.

"I was very fortunate to play in the National Hockey League for 14 years. It was a dream come true and I had an awesome ride and met so many great people along the way," said Poti. "I'd like to thank my family and my wife and children for all their love and support."

Poti was drafted in the third round, 59th overall, in the 1996 NHL Entry Draft by the Oilers. He debuted with the Oilers in October of 1998 and he scored his first NHL goal against the Detroit Red Wings on November 18, 1998. In his rookie season, he led the Oilers in plus-minus (+10), and scored 21 points in 73 games on his way to being named to the NHL All-Rookie Team. In 2000-01, he recorded career high totals in games played (81) and goals (12), while ranking second among Oilers defencemen in points scored (32) for the second straight season. He helped the Oilers reach the playoffs in each of his first three seasons.

Partway through the 2001-02 NHL season, Poti was traded to the Rangers. He played the following three full seasons with the Rangers – including the 2002-03 season when he scored a career high in points (48) and led the team in assists (37). In 2003-04, he set a career high in game-winning goals (5) which also led the team. Poti helped the Rangers make the playoffs in 2005-06 while he also led the team in blocked shots (123).

In July of 2006, Poti signed as a free agent with the Islanders. In his only season on Long Island, Poti set a career high in assists (38) and logged a personal best average ice-time per game (25:43) – most on the team.

Poti moved on to the Washington Capitals in 2007, signing as a free agent on July 1 and was a member of the Capitals organization for six seasons. In his first season in Washington, he ranked second on the team in average ice-time per game (23:29), blocked the most shots on the Capitals (119) and scored the second most points among team defencemen (29). In 2008-09, Poti averaged the most shorthanded ice-time per game on the Capitals (4:22) – fifth most in the league – and he scored seven points in 14 playoff games. In 2009-10, he recorded a career high in plus-minus (+26) – ranking fifth among NHL defencemen. Poti's 2010-11 season was cut short by injury after just 21 games, the same injury which forced him to miss the entire 2011-12 season. In the owners' lockout-shortened 2012-13 season, he played 16 games in his final season before his year ended due to injury.

Poti also served as an NHLPA player representative in 2006 as a member of the Rangers.

At the conclusion of the regular season, the 14 NHL teams not qualifying for the playoffs are entered in a weighted lottery to determine the initial draft picks in the first round, seeded according to regular season standing. The 30th-place team has the best chance of winning the lottery (25%) while the 29th-place team has a 18.8% chance of winning, with odds diminishing to a 0.5% chance for the 17th-place team. A single selection from the lottery pool is made, with the winning team improving its draft position to the number 1 spot, and no team dropping more than one place.

The remaining order is determined by the Stanley Cup playoff results.[7] Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners are then sorted by points, then the rest of the field are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks.[6]

SO tomorrow morning I will try to look up who had the worst points up to best points out of the 8 teams knocked out of the playoffs, and seed them 15th through 22nd pick, if it hasn't been done yet. It will take some coffee and logging back over to the reg season pickup sheet, but no biggee, now that I know the formula.

Edmonton, Phoenix, Vancouver and Winnipeg, Carolina, Ottawa, Buffalo, Washington. I just can't recall off the top of my head the final standings nor what page to go look at to see them, so pickup hockey it is.

EDIT: awesome sauce, C2X saved it in Post 8 in a spoiler!!! So...15th to 22nd picks are:

15th Edmonton 4610

16th Carolina 4842

17th Washington 4899

18th Vancouver 4962

19th Phoenix 5011

20th Buffalo 5067

21st Winnipeg 5076

22nd Ottawa 5240

Or of course, whoever owns these teams draft picks.

Archived