The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the canucks are serious this year they better get BRIERE!

People on this forum can't seem to understand just how bad our cap situation is and just how many awful contracts we have floating around....

I will be very surprised if we actually sign any decent players....

Bottom feeder teams will become powerhouses since they got the money to spend, meanwhile cachucha needs to shed a few really high paid and noon performer players...

I just wish we can get a legitimate team going, but I can't say its looking promising.

I would rather Gillis not sign ANY FA's this year. The last thing this team needs (or can afford) is another high priced, under performing, player with a NTC.

We already have a core who most likely isn't going anywhere, so the rookies need to step up and fill in those holes that said high priced, under performing players with a new NTC would be filling.

Bierre has had a great career and could still contribute to the right team. However, I don t see Vancouver being his destination.

1. I agree that he will not come west.

2. Gillis wants to get bigger, not smaller.

3. MG wants to add youth to the lineup. At 35, Brierre definately wouldn t fall into this category.

Yep, if we trade Lu and Ballard it frees up 9m space, we will probably use 2m on Tanev which leaves 7, then we have to sign a depth D, a 3rd line c, resign Lappy. We wont have enough cap for Briere unless we trade all 3 which is most likely not going to happen.

Archived