The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the canucks are serious this year they better get BRIERE!

Lets see what mr gillis does seriously i have zero hope in this guy....

let me tell you why its important we get danny briere

1. hes a game changer

2. hes a playoff performer

3. the guy can score

4. hes not a weakling like mason raymond the guy has grit and heart

5. he give the team more options play on 3rd line 2nd line

bottom line if canucks strike out on this opportunity to pick up a game changer that we so desperately need come playoffs then forget Gillis is hopeless ...

its time to take a risk if this team wants to win a cup then take a risk either grab briere or grab bickel which is a fantasy .....(you think chicago lets him go to the market yeah right)

That's the guy who just got bought out right?

Seriously though, it would have to be at a pretty good bargain. Something he may be willing for with the extra $ he'll be gettin.

Also, please don't say MayRay lacks heart, it's innacurate. Say all you want about his less than punishing style and frame, but he has boatloads of thump thump.

To the OP DB has stated he well not move to far from his kids, he is looking at joining a team close to Philly...

Amount of money is not his concern...playing on a good team that can use his abilities is his only desire.

“This is my home,” Briere said of South Jersey. “Wherever I’m going to end up, the kids are staying here and I’m coming back here. This is what we consider home now.”

Briere has three boys ages 12, 13 and 14. He hopes to sign with a team nearby and isn’t planning to uproot his kids from their schools.

i think we should get Ryder for about 2.5 canadiens already told him they do not plan on re-signing him. put him with higgins and get some of that old magic going again ... hansen ryder and higgins 3rd line would be great. maybe also go after colby armstrong for our 4th line he shouldnt cost more than 1 mill. also bring cooker back home for 1.5 ... sedin sedin burr , booth kes kas, ryder higgins hansen, armstrong lapps cooke what ya'll think? i think thats a litte more realistic

I totally agree, but before you start thinking about signings, we HAVE to get rid of Luongo and Ballards contract for sure. Most likely Booth as well, but until 2/3 of those players are out, we won't even have enough cap room to make it to next season.

Archived