The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

As it stands, this is sadly how we will most likely head into this season!

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins- Schroeder/Gaunce/ Horvat/ UFA -Hansen

Sestitto-Lain-UFA

Edler-Tanev

Hammer-Juicy

Garrison-Corrado

Lui

Eriksson

With 4.4 mill for 1 fourth liner and all depth players

This is realistically what I expect now..

Its always darkest before dawn. After next season things could get great for us as the Sedins will probably sign for a lot less maybe like 4 mil each and the salary cap may also increase back to 70 mill. Also our young guns,Huner,Bo,Gaunce,Schroeder,Jensen,Kassian may all become real contributing member which will also leave us more cap space which we could use to sign a very expensive UFA.http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=-1&fa_type_id=2 thats is a list of the ufa's after the 14 season.

you wanna know whats sad. we had this stuoid lockout which efffed everything uo all for nothing. cap goes down and somehow top players are asking for more? who do these clowns think they are (bozak letang Malkin to name a few). the only players that seem to be taking cuts are the fourth liners and third pairing dmen. players like leddy and lapierre find themselves on the outside looking in while bettman makes what, 8mill a year?

the nhl is broken

Its always darkest before dawn. After next season things could get great for us as the Sedins will probably sign for a lot less maybe like 4 mil each and the salary cap may also increase back to 70 mill. Also our young guns,Huner,Bo,Gaunce,Schroeder,Jensen,Kassian may all become real contributing member which will also leave us more cap space which we could use to sign a very expensive UFA.http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=-1&fa_type_id=2 thats is a list of the ufa's after the 14 season.

This is what I show, using a 23 man roster and assuming some signing figures.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Chris Higgins ($2.500m)

Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / Jordan Schroeder ($0.851m) / Dale Weise ($0.677m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / Steve Pinizzotto ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Chris Tanev ($0.851m) / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

OTHER

Buyout: Keith Ballard ($0.000m)

Payroll:

$62,605,278

...and we still have 1.7m left over.

Assumptions:

- Lapierre or someone similar signs for 1.25m

- Schroeder and Weise accept offers as expected

- Tanev signs for 1.5m

- Alberts or someone similar signs for 1.25m

- I put in Ebbet who I really don't want on the team, but consider any cheap plug in his place.

- I don't know if Corrado is really ready for the big team yet, but Alberts would easily suffice as our 6th d-man if reuqired

- Don't pay attention to the lines or pairings... I know it would vary.

Forward lines: Considering we expect Kassian and Schroeder to be better than last season, and hopefully Booth is at full form, this lineup is really no worse than what we had last year.

Defense: Again, no worse than what we had considering Ballard wasn't played much. On paper it is a bit worse of a lineup with Corrado but we can expect both he and Tanev will be even better.

Goaltending: Obviously not likely Lack will play backup as well. Also questions as to how Luongo will play and if his heart will be in it. But overall, still will likely have very strong goaltending.

At the end of the day, this roster fits under the cap and isn't noticably worse than last year. Then the following year, hopefully the Sedins will accept being dropped down to the 2nd line along with a reduction in pay, and we can start factoring in the young guys as regulars.

Archived