The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Douglas Murray?

Seen a lot people talk about a big, nasty, crease clearing d-man and the interest in a guy like Fistric.

What do you think of signing Doug Murray? I would love to have him. He is big and has size, and is tough as anyone and clears the net. He may be slower, but he can do the job. The Pens traded for him to shore up their blue line and he was a top shutdown defenseman for the Sharks.

Hamhuis Murray OR Edler Murray?

He is listed at 6 ft 3 in 245lbs, so he is a big guy that can play.

Fistric is a guy that Dallas and Edmonton didn't want ... Think about that for a second.

Meanwhile, Murray was a staple for the Sharks (an extremely successful team over his tenure there) and was desired by the Penguins (favourite going into the playoffs this year), who let him, along with many others, go due to salary cap issues.

I'd like Murray or Fistric for 2M or less, but probably not both. Murray and Edler would go perfectly together - Murray is very solid in his own zone and always hangs back, while Edler is often up pinching and jumping in the rush.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Murray

Garrison - Tanev

Alberts

Corrado

Hamhuis - 22 minutes

Bieksa - 22 minutes

Edler - 23 minutes

Garrison - 21 minutes

Murray - 16 minutes

Tanev - 16 minutes

I think he is preferable to Fistric for sure and it would be nice to get some more size on the backend. It will be interesting to see what he signs for with the new CBA because he is worth more than 2M but might only make that.

Archived