The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen and Hamill 2013-2014

5Fivehole0

According to Tortorella, the Lightning won the Cup due to their inocence... I strongly believe that he is right. The innocence of a Young player can inspire an entire team in wanting more. Sometimes veteran players tend to remember their mistakes, their failures from past events as reference for their future. For example, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Boston finals still haunts this team. Conversely, the Canucks finally got past Chicago after having been blown out of the water. Where youth comes in, there is no history, no sense of what they can or cannot do yet as history hasn't yet set in their minds.

If Tortorella holds true to his own words and doesn't cave in to the "process" the Canucks developed under this leadership, and does take the regular season to prepare for the playoffs, youth will be served early and plenty and the Canucks might just get their heads around winning a Cup.

I believe we will see some very good but drastic changes in Vancouver in the next couple of years. Stable status quo of player rights went out the door when AV was let go and I for one am glad for it.

I don't think Tortorella will think twice about using Kassian as "the guy" and actually develop him into a potential Lucic type player. Horvat, Jensen and Chinkaruk will not toil in the minors for long. Tanev will have an increased roll on this team as another candidate that should have increased attention from coaches.

The theory of lettin ayers coach themselves is an absolutely wrong attitude to have. One cannot make the statement that a 20 year old player can coach himself into being better. In no sport does individual players befome better by themselves. They need advice on life, habits, behaviors, media relations. Perhaps media relations is why Luongo changed agents; he's 34 years old.

The Tortorella Era has begun and change will come about; youth, psychological state of the team and individuals, defense first, hard hockey and most of all, coaching both on a micro and a macro level.

According to Tortorella, the Lightning won the Cup due to their inocence... I strongly believe that he is right. The innocence of a Young player can inspire an entire team in wanting more. Sometimes veteran players tend to remember their mistakes, their failures from past events as reference for their future. For example, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Boston finals still haunts this team. Conversely, the Canucks finally got past Chicago after having been blown out of the water. Where youth comes in, there is no history, no sense of what they can or cannot do yet as history hasn't yet set in their minds.

If Tortorella holds true to his own words and doesn't cave in to the "process" the Canucks developed under this leadership, and does take the regular season to prepare for the playoffs, youth will be served early and plenty and the Canucks might just get their heads around winning a Cup.

I believe we will see some very good but drastic changes in Vancouver in the next couple of years. Stable status quo of player rights went out the door when AV was let go and I for one am glad for it.

I don't think Tortorella will think twice about using Kassian as "the guy" and actually develop him into a potential Lucic type player. Horvat, Jensen and Chinkaruk will not toil in the minors for long. Tanev will have an increased roll on this team as another candidate that should have increased attention from coaches.

The theory of lettin ayers coach themselves is an absolutely wrong attitude to have. One cannot make the statement that a 20 year old player can coach himself into being better. In no sport does individual players befome better by themselves. They need advice on life, habits, behaviors, media relations. Perhaps media relations is why Luongo changed agents; he's 34 years old.

The Tortorella Era has begun and change will come about; youth, psychological state of the team and individuals, defense first, hard hockey and most of all, coaching both on a micro and a macro level.

You are making the Swedish connection not I. Perhaps unclear. My point was the Twins next contract could be their last. Natural that they would reassess their status in Van and decide if a change was necessary for them to end their careers with a CUP or change their environment if Torts becomes a problem. Yes, Alfie is 7 years older but I am sure thought his situation through. Van's situation is different in that the Sens were able to get an asset back for Alfie but the Canucks would probably have difficulty moving two top six forwards. As UFA's the Twins could almost pick the team they would sign with.

Archived