The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

City speed limits could drop from 50km/h to 40km/h

-Vintage Canuck-

I don't understand the outcry about this. The BC Motor Vehicle states the speed limit is 50 km/h on all streets within city limits. Thus the speed limit in the residential streets are 50 km/h. The change would make these streets 40 km/h.

I'm sure signage would go up to ensure major arterial roads such as Broadway, 41st Avenue, Knight Street, Main Street etc. to ensure the speed limit remains at 50 km/h.

my God the City council of Vancouver is going crazy or what?

really. Canadian drivers are by FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR one of the most polite and educated drivers on this planet and somehow the city thinks that every Vancouverite is a maniac when driving...

Canadian drivers respect the signal, they stop when you want cross a street, they don´t horn all the time and they don´t say "fuc$#$& you!" when you horn...

Want see a crazy driver? get a Brazilian one. 90% are mentaly retarded to drive, 90% use the car a a weapon, 90% drive under heavy alcoholic effect and somehow the Brazilian Drive License is valid worldwide...

90% of Brazilian drivers go at 100km/h when the speed limit shows 60 or 70km/h. when the speed limit is 110km/h so 90% of Brazilian drivers think "normal" go at 180km/h or even 200km/h.

because everyone can get a license here and drive like a maniac. there´s not decent evaluation so even a terrorist can get a drive license here. just speak our language and be free to drive as crazy as you want...

Archived