The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Main camp roster?

mbal23

I never gave much weight to the whole PTO thing. The GMs already know enough about these guys that they don't need to give them a try-out to know if they will make the team or not. I think the Canucks just used PTOs as a way to fill out the roster for split-squad games, which I don't believe they have any of this year.

PTO - players desperately holding onto hope that they can still play a game that has passed them by.

Canucks do not need these re-treads. The league appears to be moving away from these journeyman types as evident by guys like Morrow and Cleary not yet signed anywhere.

PTO - players desperately holding onto hope that they can still play a game that has passed them by.

Canucks do not need these re-treads. The league appears to be moving away from these journeyman types as evident by guys like Morrow and Cleary not yet signed anywhere.

Trying to get the young guys motivated because they have a better chance at making the team or challenging for a spot. I think we can fill the holes with prospects and do really well so not overly worried about that.or they have deals with some guys that they know of and want to see if any young player is ready or not and will sign them if the young players aren't ready

Archived