The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Finally! A coach that knows how to open up more room for the Sedins!

Noseforthenet

It was addressed by Garry Valk in the post game and I, amongst other fans, was saying it all of last season. Both Edler and Garrison need to be on the same powerplay. Those 2 big shots need to be respected and nobody really gave a damn all season! When you have those big shots on the powerplay, it opens up more room for the Sedins down low, so they aren't (to quote Burkie) picking their teeth out of the glass every night! I expect a vastly improved powerplay this season. No more of this "I need a right handed shot on the powerplay to construct a strategy" bs. Maybe Yannik Weber is going to help the situation as well. I don't know. If he can rush the puck up ice well enough, he will earn the powerplay time. I would like to see the Sedins being a threat off the rush again. Good skating on the back end, along with good passing, will do that!

Either way, psyched about this. Worried a lil about the bottom 6, but I expect that will unfold as the season continues.

and you are dissing a coach who won us two Presidnt's Cups..so...he must have been doing something right...give your head a shake...disagree if you will to his methods , but success was not an issue. Torts has two President's cups to catch up to here in Vancouver and a whole season ahead to prove he is an upgrade.

and you are dissing a coach who won us two Presidnt's Cups..so...he must have been doing something right...give your head a shake...disagree if you will to his methods , but success was not an issue. Torts has two President's cups to catch up to here in Vancouver and a whole season ahead to prove he is an upgrade.

Garrison wasn't comfortable yet to start the year and it made sense at that point to let him focus on his 5 on 5 play. Once he got more settled he should have been put back on, but then that was primarily Newell Brown's decision and it's currently Glen Gulutzan's decision for what happens on the PP.

Archived