The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's production

Rex425

I kind of want to imagine Lu doing a Messier in the conference finals against the Hawks - guaranteeing a win in Chicago and telling the reporters, "You're not going to hear Chelsea Dagger tonight. They can play the Sounds of Silence instead." And he then backs up his word by posting a shutout and even scoring an empty-netter. And, well you know what happens next...

That'll teach Lu haters to trash him.

Naw, that's not all.... After the interviews, he exits the building, and sees Colin Campbell, who he quickly slaps across the face and says that's for Aaron! Then off to some online poker before bed... =)

Lu was done with his groin injury a couple years back period. He's average at best. No chance for the Olympics. Everyone knows why Torts wants the team droppping if front of LU is because he no longer that good. Hopefully the owner will realize his mistake and buy the overrated bum the frack out. I'm so sick of hearing about Lu probally as much as the rest of the team.

well said!!

• 5 weeks later...

Given up on this fantasy yet? Our all world elite goalie has the exact same numbers as our rookie back-up who missed a huge portion of last season. Lu's numbers are almost identical to last season,,22nd in gaa (25 last year) and number 31 in save% in both years.

Its less about the numbers and more about if he gives a chance to win.

Given up on this fantasy yet? Our all world elite goalie has the exact same numbers as our rookie back-up who missed a huge portion of last season. Lu's numbers are almost identical to last season,,22nd in gaa (25 last year) and number 31 in save% in both years.

Way too early to rule out Lu having a big year. The current save % stats are pretty meaningless this early. Sure Lu's only around #30 in save % right now, but a dozen of those guys ahead of him are backups who have played a few games. How would you like Al Montoya as our goalie then, currently at .921, since he's 'better' than Lu? Or better still, Robin Lehner, at .945? How long do you think they'd keep those lofty numbers? Lu's ahead of last year's Vezina runner-up, Jonathan Quick at .906. How long do you think Quick will be down there? Last year's Vezina winner, Lundquist only has .916, not much ahead of Lu. A few good games and Lu will be right back around his amazing CAREER save % of .918. Ok, you don't like Lu. I get it. Now tell me which goalie you do like?

Way too early to rule out Lu having a big year. The current save % stats are pretty meaningless this early. Sure Lu's only around #30 in save % right now, but a dozen of those guys ahead of him are backups who have played a few games. How would you like Al Montoya as our goalie then, currently at .921, since he's 'better' than Lu? Or better still, Robin Lehner, at .945? How long do you think they'd keep those lofty numbers? Lu's ahead of last year's Vezina runner-up, Jonathan Quick at .906. How long do you think Quick will be down there? Last year's Vezina winner, Lundquist only has .916, not much ahead of Lu. A few good games and Lu will be right back around his amazing CAREER save % of .918. Ok, you don't like Lu. I get it. Now tell me which goalie you do like?

I like Crawford, Quick, Lundqvist, Schneider, Price, Quick, Lundqvist will likely improve and the others you mentioned will drop out, but Lu has not been in top 10 since 2010-2011. If Lu had elite numbers last year or the last full year these 20 games wouldn't be a concern, but you need to go back to 2010-11 to see when Lu was near the top of the stats.

Archived