The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's production

Rex425

It's not carrying your team that's demanded, It's giving them a chance to win. He did not steal games 1 and 2. He was good but so was the entire team. Yes, he stole 5 hands down but was only mediocre in game seven and absolutely worse then Clouts in 3 and 6. Just not good enough.

Yes, the rest of the team had their own difficulties, but Lu was our superstar. He can't take a game off.

As for a Con Smythe? He wouldn't have won one in 2011 if we won game 7. I don't see him ever improving upon that and if a team needs to score 9 goals a game to win, that's not Con Smythe material either.

Not saying he wont be fine for us this year, but he's a Cujo or Kolzig. Not a Roy or Hasek. We'll do fine if Torts gets away from from the AV model of relying on him that much.

agreed

Very doubtful in my opinion.

I'm going to predict median regular season numbers for Luongo -

GP 63, 35W, 21L, 7OTL

2.36 GAA, .918 Sv%, 6 SOs

I wont predict a games played or wins/losses for Schneider because he'll be playing in tandem with Brodeur, but I think his other numbers will look something like this -

2.15 GAA, .925 Sv%, 5 SOs

i'm going to make a bold prediction that Schneider's number will inflate this year.. playing under a weaker team on player on top of playing against majority of the top scorers in the league.. i doubt he'll dominate them.. Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Tavares, Ovechkin, St. Louis, Giroux, nash.. playing them that many times a year i doubt he'll have similar number or anything close..

It's easily going to not be enough to get respect in Vancouver. He will put up career numbers, be blamed because this team will again fail to score goals. So, status quo for Lou.

Has this happened before? When in the past did Luongo play outstandingly well but failed to win games because the team didn't score any goals?

He's quite often been ordinary to terrible and not won games because the team didn't score much, but I dont recall many goaltending duels that he was on the wrong end of.

Luongo will be just fine, nobody will be on his case if he puts up career numbers.

I believe in lou!! Drafted him in all my fantasy teams because regular season, except oct, has never been a problem for lou! It's the playoffs that has been his achillies heel.

My heart was shattered when I missed out on Lui in my draft. Ended up with Crawford n bobrovsky... still recovering from the heart break

With what he's saying about re-establishing himself this year, Olympics, and a focus on zone defense I predict he gets off to a better start than in years past. Of course, that all depends on where the team is at with the D-zone, and that his timing is what it was against NYR last week. Probably hover around top 10-12 though.

By December he'll be in the groove, the team will have a grasp on everything and his numbers will go through the roof when he goes on his usual tear through the beginning of Winter.

(some) CDCers are saying his numbers will decrease this year. I don't see any indication that that will happen, in fact the exact opposite. He's as hungry as he has ever been, and he wants to prove it to everyone. Big year for Louie. 38 wins, 2.12 gaa .926 sv % and 7 SO.

I believe we're still a team that can win enough to get into the playoffs. We'll need Luongo to play like he can for it to happen though.

It's not carrying your team that's demanded, It's giving them a chance to win. He did not steal games 1 and 2. He was good but so was the entire team. Yes, he stole 5 hands down but was only mediocre in game seven and absolutely worse then Clouts in 3 and 6. Just not good enough.

Yes, the rest of the team had their own difficulties, but Lu was our superstar. He can't take a game off.

As for a Con Smythe? He wouldn't have won one in 2011 if we won game 7. I don't see him ever improving upon that and if a team needs to score 9 goals a game to win, that's not Con Smythe material either.

Not saying he wont be fine for us this year, but he's a Cujo or Kolzig. Not a Roy or Hasek. We'll do fine if Torts gets away from from the AV model of relying on him that much.

Are you for real???? Our D hung Lu out to dry many nights in 2011 and we had no business being in the SCF since other teams played much better than us especially on D but Lu did carry us a lot through the regular season and the playoffs but i'm even surprised we made it past the first round let alone to playing the B's in the final. Not only did Lu bail us out but our D ended up with injuries which were typical since the year of Buffy for chico ran all over our D and we simply had no answer for Him.

Our D is still fairly over-rated and i surely hope next yr we sign someone who could really step up physically into someone like Pronger in his prime but guys of that size are hard to find with mobility, if we could mix Alberts with mobility,hockey iq and some foot speed. He's absolutely rock but maybe somehow MG can get someone but 29 other teams want a guy like that too.

You have the last part right though, and that's my point that we cannot put that kind of pressure on any goalie and expect him not to crack here and there but most canuck fans are too stupid to get that through their heads and call him a *choker*

I can get over the absolute stupidity of that kind of thinking but it is what it is i guess...

Lu was done with his groin injury a couple years back period. He's average at best. No chance for the Olympics. Everyone knows why Torts wants the team droppping if front of LU is because he no longer that good. Hopefully the owner will realize his mistake and buy the overrated bum the frack out. I'm so sick of hearing about Lu probally as much as the rest of the team.

Lu was done with his groin injury a couple years back period. He's average at best. No chance for the Olympics. Everyone knows why Torts wants the team droppping if front of LU is because he no longer that good. Hopefully the owner will realize his mistake and buy the overrated bum the frack out. I'm so sick of hearing about Lu probally as much as the rest of the team.

So do you think torts made the team in NY drop around Lundkvist because he is not good? According to your logic....

doesn't really sound like you even like the canucks lol maybe find a new team to support that is more to your liking.

or apply to the canucks to try be GM.. you seem to have much knowledge about what is going on with the team, i bet you'd be a great fit and stuff.

Archived