The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's production

Rex425

Good in regular season. Terrible in playoffs.

I know, right? 2 shutouts in the SCF. Takes a team to game 7 of the SCF and they only score 8 goals in the entire series. Sure, he cracks under pressure and lets the floodgates open every once in awhile, but maybe our damn team could have helped calm down some of those nerves by scoring some damn goals. Lu bails this team out a lot, but I rarely see them doing the same for him.

I'll predict an olympic gold and stanley cup for Lu. Conn Smythe winner too.

With the team tightening up and blocking more shots I think he will have a 2011 type year or even better.

Playing a team game will help everyone's numbers at the end of the season. I expect Luongo and the Sedins to step up big. They do have a few more surprises and good seasons left to make a push.

I know, right? 2 shutouts in the SCF. Takes a team to game 7 of the SCF and they only score 8 goals in the entire series. Sure, he cracks under pressure and lets the floodgates open every once in awhile, but maybe our damn team could have helped calm down some of those nerves by scoring some damn goals. Lu bails this team out a lot, but I rarely see them doing the same for him.

I'll predict an olympic gold and stanley cup for Lu. Conn Smythe winner too.

Bold prediction, but highly unlikely. Our team needs to score goals in order to make it back to the finals which we've had trouble doing last season. We also have to stay healthy which has been a huge problem for us. We also have a new coach Torts whose system we need to get used to. We also have the Olympics on top of the Regular Season and Playoffs. We have a lot of players needing to bounce back from last season, ie. Kesler from injury, Edler from consistency, D.Sedin from lack of goal scoring, Booth from Injury. Are we better than we were last Season? I think so. Are we a cup contender this year? I don't think so, a lot of things need to happen in order for us to be cup contenders which I don't think will all happen this season.

I'd guess around 90% Sv. and around 2.40 G.A.A, should have solid numbers but I'd keep my expectations moderate. It depends if guys like Kes can stay healthy, and if the depth centers can help shore up the D in front of him. The D will be good (hope Weber and Edler can patch up their defense) and for the most part the wingers and top 2 centers would be solid. It's just a matter of whether our best defensive center and our 3rd and 4th line centers can stay healthy to get the lion's share of PK-ing, and to stay afloat against tough competition, respectively.

3 assists.

Has our goalies' right to getting hat-tricks been deschneid?

Better than Schneider.

Very doubtful in my opinion.

I'm going to predict median regular season numbers for Luongo -

GP 63, 35W, 21L, 7OTL

2.36 GAA, .918 Sv%, 6 SOs

I wont predict a games played or wins/losses for Schneider because he'll be playing in tandem with Brodeur, but I think his other numbers will look something like this -

2.15 GAA, .925 Sv%, 5 SOs

Very doubtful in my opinion.

I'm going to predict median regular season numbers for Luongo -

GP 63, 35W, 21L, 7OTL

2.36 GAA, .918 Sv%, 6 SOs

I wont predict a games played or wins/losses for Schneider because he'll be playing in tandem with Brodeur, but I think his other numbers will look something like this -

2.15 GAA, .925 Sv%, 5 SOs

I really don't care.

I kind of want to imagine Lu doing a Messier in the conference finals against the Hawks - guaranteeing a win in Chicago and telling the reporters, "You're not going to hear Chelsea Dagger tonight. They can play the Sounds of Silence instead." And he then backs up his word by posting a shutout and even scoring an empty-netter. And, well you know what happens next...

That'll teach Lu haters to trash him.

Archived