The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This team needs a 3rd line center

Brad Bellick^

Yes but Booth is supposed to be that guy and with his cap hit and lack of interest from other teams our top 6 pretty much sinks or swims with him.

This year we have to pretty much hope the current roster can step it up a notch cause I doubt any trades are coming. MAYBE trade one of the D thats it.

The Canucks have the best 3C in the game. It is indeed a noble position.

I strongly believe the Canucks ought to use Kesler at 3C position. It only makes sense. As for a 2C, any player qualified for it could be there as long as Kesler holds the forth.

But what do I know...

Instead, we'll be watching Bolland dominate the 3C position with the Leafs.

The Canucks have the best 3C in the game. It is indeed a noble position.

I strongly believe the Canucks ought to use Kesler at 3C position. It only makes sense. As for a 2C, any player qualified for it could be there as long as Kesler holds the forth.

But what do I know...

Instead, we'll be watching Bolland dominate the 3C position with the Leafs.

I think both Richardson and Santorelli make fine third line centres. Our fourth line is garbage, but that's been the case year in and year out.

What really needs to be addressed is the second line. We keep promoting really good third liners into the role of being a second line player... Hansen and Higgins should both be on the third line. Booth needs to actually show up to the game. Burrows would be a better fit on the second line too if Kassian can actually play with the Twins.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Santorelli/Richardson - Hansen

Sestito/Santorelli - Dalpe - Weise/Richardson

I'd be very happy if we could find a fourth liner better than either Sestito or Weise, have whichever of Santorelli or Richardson drop down to the fourth line based on handedness... the team actually looks solid like that pending Kassian and Booth playing up to expectations.

We have one his name is Ryan Kesler. What we need is a second line center that can make plays and score goals.. we traded that guy away.

This team hasn't been able to score goals for going on 3 years now since the boston final. That has nothing to do with a third line and i'm astounded by peoples continued obsession with the third line.. our problems have been and are do to not having a second line that can score.. ever.

I'm an impatient fan who doesn't care for what Gillis has/hasn't done over the last two years. However, I like Santorelli. I think he didn't look all that impressive tonight because of his linemates. With Higgins/Hansen, I think Santorelli makes a good energy 3rd line. Sedin/Sedin/Kassian

Shinkaruk/Kesler/Burrows

Higgins/Santorelli/Hansen

Weise/Richardson/Booth

Those would have been my line combos by game 6 assuming Shinkaruk looked okay at first. If not you move Booth up the lineup. Keep in mind that our 4th line won't be playing much under Torts (didn't stop them from getting scored on tonight though).

Essentially this lineup is a mess. We have 0 depth right now (Those calling for Gaunce/Shinkaruk/Horvat need to realize they're in junior right now and aren't coming back up until playoffs). We're essentially hoping a question mark like Kassian can jump back into this lineup and the domino effect will cure this team's scoring woes. I think that's unrealistic.

The 3rd line is unacceptable. An established 3rd line center needs to be brought in if this team wants any shot at going anywhere in the playoffs. 3rd line looks lost out there and Santorelli/Richardson don't cut it as the 3rd line centers. I would be in favor of bringing in Horvat/Gaunce if they were ready but are they? Don't think so. This team has lacked a real 3rd line center since Malhotra and a bargain bin player like Richardson or Santorelli aren't going to cut it. Thoughts?

Lolwuttertheresaflyinmysoup

If you're going to consider Pavelski a '3rd line centre', then this list should be Pavelski and then the rest of the 3rd line centres way below him.

How many 3rd line centres are consistent 20-30 goal, 60 point scorers? With high quality defence?

We have one his name is Ryan Kesler. What we need is a second line center that can make plays and score goals.. we traded that guy away.

This team hasn't been able to score goals for going on 3 years now since the boston final. That has nothing to do with a third line and i'm astounded by peoples continued obsession with the third line.. our problems have been and are do to not having a second line that can score.. ever.

This reduced cap sucks. If this team goes on a significant losing skid or something, I could see a few moves being made. Another choice is Shinkaruk. Why in the hell was this guy sent down? He comes cheap and can play in our top 6 and the Canucks can finally move Booth to the 3rd and even higgins to the 4th so the Canucks can roll 4 lines....

If Kassian comes back it could look like this...

HS - DS - ZK

HS - RK - AB

DB - MS - JH

CH - BR - DW

Not bad...

Archived