The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canadiens @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I know they're 3-3, but it's been a rough 5 of 6 games IMO. Really small sample size, I know - but it's all we have. I was really concerned about this team after the summer, or 'lack of summer', that Gillis had.

The PK, Sedins, Santorelli and Tanev are literally the only bright spots. They've got a goalie who's sporting the leagues worst EV SV%, they can barely score 5on5 vs. playoff teams, can't win a game against a playoff team and are either 'lights out' or the 'sinking titanic' in 3rd periods. Hopefully this road trip will harmonize the guys, they can understand the systems better and maybe their 3C (Schroed) will be back.

Also, thanks to Kowall. You are on my sh$5list along with Sutherland and O'Hallaran. You're a marked man :)

On to the next.....

Does anyone else think we look slow in a lot of these games against competitive teams? We look really slow out there imo. Montreal's got some young guys that are little balls of energy and our effort to keep up with them was pretty bad. Normally I would tell you this is blasphemy, but maybe it's not out of the realm of possibility that we trade/don't re-sign the Sedins. Fantastic players and I love watching them, but maybe it's just time. This thing might need to be rebuilt or re-tooled before everybody get's too old and we get nothing for them. Maybe for Luongo's sake, we move him out. He needs a fresh start. He's got to be frustrated with this. I don't know, maybe I'm way off base. But we've got some very glaring problems. No offense to Montreal, but that's not a good loss to drop a 4-1 score to them.

This loss has me more ticked off then the two against the sharks :( Also I want to remind Hammer that he isn't a Hab maybe he should score on the other teams goalie instead of Luongo. No I am not letting it go- if he hadn't done that we would not have lost momentum and we would not have lost.

Tanev was a stud as usual and Santo was good as well Gillis better re-sign them both with high raises and while he is at it get some freaking secondary scoring because depending on only the Sedins for the last few years is CRAP.

Also Ryan Kesler wake up and play hockey- enough is enough. ugg so mad.

I bet the Sedins won't re-sign here. Why would they when MG has got them virtually no secondary scoring in the last 3 years.?

They should do the team a favour and waive their NTC and get us started on a rebuild. From what I have seen the past 2 seasons. We are no longer contenders. Just a bubble team holding on for dear life.

‏@patersonjeff

No sign of Hamhuis post-game. #Canucks say he's getting treatment

@CamTucker_Metro

Dan Hamhuis getting treatment, say the Canucks.

@imacVanSun

A few determined scribes still waiting out Dan Hamhuis, who is getting "treatment." Canucks did not say what kind.

Uh-oh...

‏@patersonjeff

@CamTucker_Metro

@imacVanSun

A few determined scribes still waiting out Dan Hamhuis, who is getting "treatment." Canucks did not say what kind.

Uh-oh...

‏@patersonjeff

@CamTucker_Metro

@imacVanSun

Uh-oh...

He's depressed that Gillis is fixated with supplying him with mediocre wingers. It's so obvious he doesn't care attempting to create chemistry with any of his wingers. Selfishness has been overblown. He just doesn't trust his teammates, plain and simple. I don't blame him either.

He's depressed that Gillis is fixated with supplying him with mediocre wingers. It's so obvious he doesn't care attempting to create chemistry with any of his wingers. Selfishness has been overblown. He just doesn't trust his teammates, plain and simple. I don't blame him either.

Rotating Kassian, Higgins, Booth and other 3rd liners didnt work the last 2 years, it wont work this year vs playoff teams. Gillis needs to find a way to get Legit 2nd line wingers and stop plugging 3rd liners to play 2nd liners.

This one line team wont go anywhere in the playoffs if they even make it this year without major changes in the 2nd line. Add to that Kesler is having a slow start.

Archived