The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Payroll vs Ticket Prices

panelguy

Looked up payroll vs ticket prices.

Van

Payroll $64,201,189 cheapest ticket $97.

LA $ 63,686,894. $30

CBJ $ 63,539,660 $27

St Louis $63,499,167 $25

That Canucks have to in American dollars but that hasn't been to bad lately.

No free shirts , hot dogs or any other give aways except towels at playoff time.

Somebodys making a lot of money.

As much as I agree, tickets could be a bit cheaper so everyone can enjoy going to games. Supply and demand drives the world.

Other teams have cheap ticket prices and give away free stuff because they need to have people in the building in order to make money on advertising.

As much as I agree, tickets could be a bit cheaper so everyone can enjoy going to games. Supply and demand drives the world.

Other teams have cheap ticket prices and give away free stuff because they need to have people in the building in order to make money on advertising.

Other teams have cheap ticket prices because they don't have people in the building. The Canucks already sell out every game. What would be their motivation to slash their own revenue?

Other teams have cheap ticket prices because they don't have people in the building. The Canucks already sell out every game. What would be their motivation to slash their own revenue?

I agree, as I said supply and demand drives the world.

A tad old, but you get the point:

http://www.forbes.co...esnt-have-them/

The only people really making any significant money are the players...

"uh oh, we only pulled in $212 million this season!"

"that's weird, where'd the rest of this $3.3 billion come from?"

"sssshhhhhhut up"

but seriously, from your chicago link:

But if Wirtz isn’t sweating over his team’s financial health, it’s understandable.

University of Ottawa economist Norm O’Reilly has studied sports franchise ownership, and owning a team that makes money independently is rarely among the reasons people and corporations acquire franchises.

And if the Blackhawks themselves don’t make money, their popularity and success drive revenue for other companies under the Wirtz Corporation umbrella. The Wirtz Beverage Group supplies the United Centre, which the Wirtz Corporation co-owns. Rocky Wirtz also owns a stake in Comcast SportsNet Chicago, which broadcasts Blackhawks games.

“It’s very rare that an owner gets involved with a team to make year-over-year profit (though) they may have an eye toward asset valuation longer term,” O’Reilly said. “Often owners are happy to lose a little bit as a club. If they’re more competitive (on the ice) they’ll make it back in other ways, or they can gain it back in the long term asset.”

Reality is its supply and demand folks nothing else. Any company prices 'where it can' to maximize profits, that is good business.

In the States hockey just isn't as popular, so tickets are cheaper (think NBA in Canada). In most arenas in the US you can get into a game for around 20 bucks. In fact I recently looked at tickets in NY for the Nucks and Islanders and you could buy tickets on Stubhub for EIGHT, YES EIGHT US DOLLARS!!!

Supply and demand....simple

This. As long as people keep going, the prices will go up.

Archived