The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] TO @ VAN | 4:00 PM | CBC | Pavel Bure Jersey Retirement |

Blueberries

Pavel Bure  

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does the ceremony start at 4 or the game at 4? What time should I tune in at for the ceremony? I assume 4..

Nice jobo n the GDT btw!

"Vancouver, B.C. - The Vancouver Canucks are encouraging fans to be in their seats no later than 3:45 pm on Saturday to watch Pavel Bure's jersey retirement ceremony. Doors at Rogers Arena will open to the public at 2:30 pm and the ceremony will commence at 4:00 pm. Puck drop is scheduled for 4:20 pm.

For fans unable to attend the game, CBC's Hockey Night in Canada will air the retirement ceremony without interruption. The ceremony will take place prior to the Canucks-Toronto Maple Leafs game and will feature a video tribute to Bure as well as appearances from former teammates, coaches and friends of the iconic Canucks forward."

On a night we the fans will salute the most exciting Vancouver Canuck ever it's fitting that Pavel was pretty much just a fan with the best seat in the house for the most famous moment between the two teams:

Can't wait to hear the annual "Go LEAFS SUCK" chant.

Thanks for that!

Of course you noticed who worked the boards to get that puck back to the point, #16! Bure is owed his due but in my mind it is still Linden who is the greatest Canuck. Wow, that '94 team was so good. I consider it a deeper roster than the '11 team.

If you need help reliving one of the greatest moments in Vancouver Canucks history, this video is for you. Trevor Linden, Kirk McLean and Jim Robson take for a trip down memory lane when Pavel Bure scored in Game 7 overtime to win the series against the Calgary Flames.

How about the end of Game #6 in the '94 CUP final when Jim Robson commented about whether Trevor Linden would be playing in Game #7. Linden had broken ribs and was playing with them wrapped. Robson says,

"Will he play? You know that he will play!" The full extent of how badly he was hurt was, of course, not revealed until after Game 7. In all my years of watching the game it was one of the most courageous exhibitions I have seen. It is why Linden is still #1 in my eyes.

Great GDT...nice tribute. :)

Really going to be an emotional game for me. Something special about Pavel and that era of Canucks hockey...haven't really thought about it much lately, but it's long overdue and will be closure to those of us who hated how things ended/went down. Things were left hanging and when you have a player who meant what he did to this team, it needs to be recognized and celebrated (don't want to hear this disputed...as, for my son and other boys just getting into hockey, you can't deny his impact and influence).

It's a great day for sure.

Archived