The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] TO @ VAN | 4:00 PM | CBC | Pavel Bure Jersey Retirement |

Blueberries

Pavel Bure  

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All 82 games should be on sportsnet.

makes you appreciate shorty even more ..

I miss when Sportsnet used to have Jim Hughson & John Garrett and TEAM 1040 having John Shorthouse and Tom Larscheid.

Definitely agree with all these points. When people bring up our commentators for being homers and whatnot, at least they have the same enthusiasm when other teams play well and are doing all the little things. I always enjoy the games broadcasted on Sportsnet.

I can't criticize a player who was incredibly overrated his time here with the Canucks? I don't think he did enough to earn a jersey retirement. Naslund was a better captain than Linden was. The least he can do for a team and city that adores him is show up for an hour or two for the best player to ever play for this 43 year franchises jersey retirement. If he's not sick or not physically unable to get here, why would he choose business over a once in a lifetime thing like this?

This guy knows nothing about hockey or our team. Bure made Linden. Ha!

This is a classic case of a guy who has a favorite player and pretends to be a big fan but doens't actually watch hockey at all.

Anyone else hate the fact that all the banners now look the same?

The banner should represent the uniform the player wore most. Now they just look generic.

I couldn't agree more with you.

I was soo p!ssed when they god rid of stan smyl's skate jersey banner.

saw D. Booth at the keg in white rock....just chillin at the bar on the IR

Nothing wrong with that

probably should be focused on getting back into game shape and becoming the 4.25M dollar player that we're paying him to be. Instead he'd rather grab a cold one with his entourage. That's just me though

probably should be focused on getting back into game shape and becoming the 4.25M dollar player that we're paying him to be. Instead he'd rather grab a cold one with his entourage. That's just me though

:picard: He could have just finished spending the entire day working out with the trainers for all you know. Time to get off your high horse.

You would choose being loyal to your work rather than honouring the player that made you? If Bure was never on the Canucks, Linden's number never would have been retired. Bure was the only reason the Canucks got to the 94 finals

And if it wasn't for Linden who single-handedly kept the Canucks in Game 7 vs. the Rangers, the score would have been as lopsided as the 2011 debacle. Figures you're probably a youngster who has just seen Bure reruns and have formulated your viewpoint as a result of them.

Nothing against Bure, but if you'd seen Linden play in the Game 7 final, you'd be gauging your words a lot more carefully.

Working out for the entire day is counter-productive. What guys do off the ice, as long as it does not affect on-ice performance, is really none of any fan's business. Who would have thought that rich athletes wouldn't want to hang out alone in their condo on a Friday night?

Booth is a great athlete. Getting into game shape isn't his problem. Thinking the game and having a bit more hockey sense are things that he needs to work on.

Archived