The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Whisky (Whiskey) thread

King Heffy

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

So tonight I got to A-B compare Port Charlotte with Lagavulin 16 tonight, both bottles of which I somehow now own.

Coming from not having money for much of my life... I'm... baffled... :huh:

(Although I still like Port Charlotte the most)

That's awesome! I absolutley love Lagavulin 16 and have yet to try Port Charlotte.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

That's awesome! I absolutley love Lagavulin 16 and have yet to try Port Charlotte.

It's honestly hard to explain. Lagavulin 16 is amazing... but I think I like more drama in my whiskey. It's almost "too refined" which is weird to say.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

It's honestly hard to explain. Lagavulin 16 is amazing... but I think I like more drama in my whiskey. It's almost "too refined" which is weird to say.

Yea I get what you are putting down.

I recently tried Ardbeg Wee Beastie and loved it. Not as smooth but lots of flavour.

You almost need to drink Lagavulin with a suit on, cat on your lap, reading poetry.

Ardbeg is campfire land.

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea I get what you are putting down.

I recently tried Ardbeg Wee Beastie and loved it. Not as smooth but lots of flavour.

You almost need to drink Lagavulin with a suit on, cat on your lap, reading poetry.

Ardbeg is campfire land.

I love Ardbeg. I've only tried Ardbeg 10 though and I want to try the Wee Bestie. I want to try most of the Ardbegs to be honest (especially the Uidgedal).

I may end up moving to Calgary in a couple of months. As much as it may be "enemy territory" for hockey, I cannot deny what it may do to me on the whiskey front in a postive way. lol

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

I love Ardbeg. I've only tried Ardbeg 10 though and I want to try the Wee Bestie. I want to try most of the Ardbegs to be honest (especially the Uidgedal).

I may end up moving to Calgary in a couple of months. As much as it may be "enemy territory" for hockey, I cannot deny what it may do to me on the whiskey front in a postive way. lol

It's significantly cheaper than BC.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Just picked up Angles Envy, Foster 1836, and Grandads

That envy isnt bad.  The grand dads is also ok for the price point.  but bang for your buck, jim beam black, four roses, buffalo trace and my personal right now, Jim Beam casked.

Drinking a dram right now

20 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

That envy isnt bad.  The grand dads is also ok for the price point.  but bang for your buck, jim beam black, four roses, buffalo trace and my personal right now, Jim Beam casked.

Drinking a dram right now

I'm drinking Buffalo right now!

I love Angel's but she's pricey for what it is.

I have never tried Grandads expect it to be a bit rough but whatever it's cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Funny you asked. I read the bottle and stared at it for a bit before grabbing the Oban 14. 

How is it?

I haven't tried it yet but I am really interested based on price alone. It is a lot less than the 14 so I want to know how the two compare.

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

I haven't tried it yet but I am really interested based on price alone. It is a lot less than the 14 so I want to know how the two compare.

That’s why I was looking at it as well. It’s a 12 year as opposed to 14, but from the description it sounded like it had a similar flavour profile. Plus it was about 20% cheaper. In the end I grabbed the devil I knew. 

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...