The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

43 gig download for The Last of Us.

I assume you can play while it's downloading. Which I'm going to do. You can view progress in the library? It hasn't done anything yet. 43 gigs through wifi is effing terrible. Probably LAN cable that shiz.

playing will slow down the download speed of the game by a crap load. You can view the progress in the notification menu.

43 gig download for The Last of Us.

I assume you can play while it's downloading. Which I'm going to do. You can view progress in the library? It hasn't done anything yet. 43 gigs through wifi is effing terrible. Probably LAN cable that shiz.

I bought The Last of Us Remastered the other day. It only took a couple hours to download the single player and I started playing. You get to choose which mode it downloads first as well, which I'm sure you already know.

I bought The Last of Us Remastered the other day. It only took a couple hours to download the single player and I started playing. You get to choose which mode it downloads first as well, which I'm sure you already know.

I dunno. I used the code, went to download it, and waited. I think it's done now but I've yet to check. It had 5 hours to go last night, and that was 10 hours ago now. Anyway, no big deal. I had a couple other update files going as well so I was a little concerned when it read 36 hours at first.. wifi is brutally slow sometimes.

I dunno. I used the code, went to download it, and waited. I think it's done now but I've yet to check. It had 5 hours to go last night, and that was 10 hours ago now. Anyway, no big deal. I had a couple other update files going as well so I was a little concerned when it read 36 hours at first.. wifi is brutally slow sometimes.

When I started the download off of the store, it asked me which mode I plan on playing first: Singleplayer or Multiplayer and downloaded whichever one I picked.

• 4 weeks later...

Wish the dual shock's had better battery life.

Even when I don't game and just watch Netflix, I sometimes forget to go into Adjust Devices and turn it off and after a few episodes the "low battery" sign starts popping up.

Agreed. Battery life is horrible. Ps3 controllers feel like they had 3 times the battery life.

Wish the dual shock's had better battery life.

Even when I don't game and just watch Netflix, I sometimes forget to go into Adjust Devices and turn it off and after a few episodes the "low battery" sign starts popping up.

From a full charge? That seems abnormal to me. My DS4s last at least a day without a charge

Edited by Guest

Ya the dualshock internal batteries are bad. Cbox gets made fun of for using a battery pack but at least its consistent. My ps3 controllers dont even work anymore unless they are plugged into the charger, only a matter of time before the ps4 controllers do the same.

• 3 weeks later...

We should get some people together to play TLOU MP. It's a blast

It really is, one of the most underrated MP components out there. I the hell out of it for the first 3-4 months I had the console. Came back about aonth ago and there are a ton of new weapons I'm dying to, not sure if they're just OP or if I'm rusty lol.

Picking up a PS4 in a few weeks. For those that have played both Dragon Age and Shadow of Mordor, which would you suggest as one over the other?

Haven't played Dragon Age but I wouldn't recommend Shadow of Mordor unless you're a fan of grinding out missions for the lore. Gameplay is very repetitive and the game actually gets easier as you progress.

Haven't played Dragon Age but I wouldn't recommend Shadow of Mordor unless you're a fan of grinding out missions for the lore. Gameplay is very repetitive and the game actually gets easier as you progress.

Both are repetitive really. I'd say shadow of mordor is a better and ultimately more fun experience.

Dragon Age would be more fun if it didn't live in the shadow of better games of its type. It's such a stark improvement on the crapiness of Mass Effect 3 and Dragon 2. Yet it's still full of faults. Primarily in how it somehow manages to completly mangle the old combat system. There are various other issues as well. It's ultimately good enough-ish, and it at least looks like Bioware tried in earnest to make a quality game, and that's something I couldn't say about their other recent work.

Picking one, definitely Shadow of Mordor. Top level combat that surpasses comparables like Arkham City.

Edited by g_bassi13

Both are repetitive really. I'd say shadow of mordor is a better and ultimately more fun experience.

Dragon Age would be more fun if it didn't live in the shadow of better games of its type. It's such a stark improvement on the crapiness of Mass Effect 3 and Dragon 2. Yet it's still full of faults. Primarily in how it somehow manages to completly mangle the old combat system. There are various other issues as well. It's ultimately good enough-ish, and it at least looks like Bioware tried in earnest to make a quality game, and that's something I couldn't say about their other recent work.

Picking one, definitely Shadow of Mordor. Top level combat that surpasses comparables like Arkham City.

I've been leaning towards Shadow of Mordor. It seems like it's easier to get into. Being in my 30s now, I don't devote nearly as much times to vids like I used to. Can't really afford to jump into a game like Dragon Age anymore.