The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

35 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I was actually thinking of getting R6 as well. I don't care for the newest Call of Duty, since those games I've bought every one of them since CoD4 and the past 3 I played for like 2 weeks and quit.

Battlefront I'm somewhat interested in, but don't really care for it, especially for that $80 Season's Pass on top of the $80 game purchase.

I used to love R6: Vegas and V2, so I'm thinking maybe this new one would be sick.

Grab it bro. If we can get 4-5 people from here to make a party, let's rock n roll! 

...all I've really played over the past 4-5 years has been Fifa/cod (not ghosts...hate that futuristic crap)/NHL

Kind bored of cod now and just want to try something else out. Better than just going all rambo like you do every year with cod. This seems very different. Just downloading the game.

4 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Grab it bro. If we can get 4-5 people from here to make a party, let's rock n roll! 

...all I've really played over the past 4-5 years has been Fifa/cod (not ghosts...hate that futuristic crap)/NHL

Kind bored of cod now and just want to try something else out. Better than just going all rambo like you do every year with cod. This seems very different. Just downloading the game.

Get WWE 2k16 m8. You would be SAWFT otherwise.

16 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I guess my playstation is &^@#ed. Better be a warranty on this. Haven't even had it a year. I mentioned a couple weeks ago the drive kept spitting out disks. Well, it did it again and it won't take any now. All it does is continuously make a weird noise while it's on.

How stubborn.

4 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

lol wut
---
Anyway.. seems to be working fine again now. It's a known bug; gotta unplug all the cords, wait a few, yadda yadda..

Ive learned that unplugging electronics and plugging them back in will fix almost everything.

Mine randomly uninstalled a game once. Other than that, i havent had any issues with games/discs.

8 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I was actually thinking of getting R6 as well. I don't care for the newest Call of Duty, since those games I've bought every one of them since CoD4 and the past 3 I played for like 2 weeks and quit.

Battlefront I'm somewhat interested in, but don't really care for it, especially for that $80 Season's Pass on top of the $80 game purchase.

I used to love R6: Vegas and V2, so I'm thinking maybe this new one would be sick.

That game isn't worth $40. All time spent on graphics and rushed it to release it fast.

I got Battlefront on Xbox One with EA Access 5 days before it came out. The trial was the full game for 10 hours. It is now December 6th, and I have 8 hours left. Pretty much sums up my opinion on the game. It's just a tech demo that used a popular franchise name.

3 hours ago, Xbox said:

Ive learned that unplugging electronics and plugging them back in will fix almost everything.

Mine randomly uninstalled a game once. Other than that, i havent had any issues with games/discs.

I did that and seemed to work fine after albeit I only played for about an hour after that.

Anyone a TLoU junkie like me? Are some of the statistics bugged? Unlocked doors, conversations, etc? I am trying to get platinum. I'm asking because I achieved all the training manuals. However, at least one of these manuals are behind a locked door. However I went to check this door again to see if it actually counted in the stats, and it had not, despite having opened it before to collect the training manual to get that trophy.

What is this bollocks.

15 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

@g_bassi13 @CanuckianOne

going to grab R6 in a few mins. If any of you guys want to play together, PM me and I'll give you my ps4 username.

...saw a few videos of the multiplayer and man does it look wicked. Tired of playing just cod for the past 5 years and this is a new twist and experience imo. More tactical and strategical than anything. Think I might fall in love with this one.

Don't have it for PS4 like I said, just PC. I don't think the game is one that allows for cross-platform multiplayer, but if I'm wrong about that, someone can let me know. 

I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, just a few of the "situations" or whatever they're called. I do want to see what the game is all about in proper combat, but if it had a campaign mode, I'd honestly have already dug into the game the moment I grabbed it.

With the unique characters and such, it's giving me very strong "Evolve" vibes, and that game didn't pan out for me. Similar presentation and tone in a lot of ways. At least the versus mode isn't asymmetric here.

7 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I did that and seemed to work fine after albeit I only played for about an hour after that.

Anyone a TLoU junkie like me? Are some of the statistics bugged? Unlocked doors, conversations, etc? I am trying to get platinum. I'm asking because I achieved all the training manuals. However, at least one of these manuals are behind a locked door. However I went to check this door again to see if it actually counted in the stats, and it had not, despite having opened it before to collect the training manual to get that trophy.

What is this bollocks.

I loved that game! Only thing is, when I played it a lot it was on PS3 so I'd have to start again from scratch. I still play it on the side on PS4, but I definitely want to get into it again at some point.

Maybe Christmas break when I have more time.

3 hours ago, Blueberries said:

Lol. It's cool the first 2 times you play if you enjoy Star Wars, after that it's gets repetitive real quick.

Yeah, he's a big Star Wars fan so I was taking his opinion with a grain of salt. I played the Beta and I wasn't exactly hooked. It was alright.

3 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

Uncharted 4 is making it pretty hard to resist the call of a new console.

As it should.