The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

Well seeing how this thread is 4x bigger than the X-bone thread its safe to assume the PS4 won:emot-parrot:.  I love being a winner on the winning side showing the world all my wins.

I love both, but only the Xbox can support an external hard drive. Until PS4 lets me go above the standard 500gb someday, I buy multiplats for Xbox. Mine has 2.5TB of storage. Sony needs to enable this feature. IDK why it's taking them so long to do so and it's frustrating. Im selective in which PS4 games I buy because of storage issues. I currently only own The Last of Us, Bloodbourne, Rocket League, Destiny and a few other indie games. Ive had others, but ended up trading them in.

I owned all 3, ended up selling the Wii U. Both systems have a huge player base though. Sony did extremely well with the PS4 so they do deserve the position they're in right now. I love the PS4, hated the PS3.

Edited by Xbox

^ How many games do you have installed? 

Didn't even know you replied because I was expecting the notification from being quoted. Lol.

Games I still have downloaded and installed: DriveClub, Game of Thrones: Telltale, Rocket League, PT
Games I have installed: The Witcher 3, NHL 16, Fallout 4, Batman: Arkham Knight, MGS: TPP, Bloodborne, GTA5

There's probably more I'm missing. Doesn't seem to take much to fill up the PS4.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/sony-have-confirmed-ps2-emulation-is-coming-to-ps4/

PS4 will be getting PS2 backwards compatibility.

EDIT: Almost a week later and I thought this would have a ton of people talking. Maybe I'm the only one who's happy they get to play their large ps2 library of games scaled in 1080p. That means Jak and Daxter games :-)

Edited by Xbox

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

What is the deal with the levels in Witcher 3? I think I am near the end of the game and running out of quests to do. I'm only 33 right now I think. But weapons diagrams, etc, for over level 40. How do you get that high of a level? Through expansion? Killing monsters generates almost no experience, so..

Pretty sure those were designed around the New Game Plus feature (was free dlc that was added on about a month after release).

22 hours ago, Gyllenhaal said:

Sweet, hopefully you can actually buy the games off the ps store. Would love to play Spyro or Battlefront again.

I only got to play one of the PS2 Spyros, but it wasn't nearly as fun as the PS1 versions (in part due to the view). Oddly, I felt the PS2 Crash was actually better than the PS1 versions, but I'm probably in the minority here.

Just too bad that you won't be able to use your PS2 discs :(

5 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

What's the deal with PS4 spitting a game out while you're playing? 3 times with Witcher last night and again just now. Played for almost a year without any hiccups and now several since last night..

I've never heard of that happening at all. Maybe dust on your eject button? I have no idea.

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

Cyber Monday deal from BestBuy. Pre-order 2 or more online and get 30% off. http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/pre-order-hot-games/pcgamingpreorders.aspx

@g_bassi13 works for Wii U as well. Any console. Figured I'd tag you in here because I didn't want to link it in a bunch of different game threads. Lol

Thanks, that's appreciated. I would have missed it if you didn't inform me. Best Buy's Black Friday deals were so underwhelming that I wouldn't have bothered checking Cyber Monday. Or they were completely useless for PC, Wii U, and 3DS at least. I don't know about PS4. If I had one, I'd be checking everywhere to see if there was a sale for Until Dawn.

Still struggling to find games to pre-order. There are very few that I'm looking forward to enough, that I haven't already placed that pre-order for already. Deus Ex would be cool, again if I had PS4 because it's not out on PC in North America. Far Cry Primal, which I have serious reservations towards. Just Cause 3 I literally just cancelled my pre-order for today, lol.