The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Incursio said:

Wired controllers in 2016?

I hope theres a wireless variant.. If not I'm over it. But tbh the battery life on the DS4 isn't very good. It's wired half the time anyways. The PS Gold headset lasts much longer lol.

Back buttons that are mappable and asymmetrical are worth it IMO.

Edited by Xbox

I always wondered why they have a red and pink button but no yellow?  There's a training drill in NBA2k that's hard to do because they make the button icon so small and it's hard to decipher between circle and square so quickly.

Anyone try Skyrim remastered on ps4?  Still debating on buying it but at 75 bones it's hard to justify buying it again.

20 hours ago, Xbox said:

I hope theres a wireless variant.. If not I'm over it. But tbh the battery life on the DS4 isn't very good. It's wired half the time anyways. The PS Gold headset lasts much longer lol.

Back buttons that are mappable and asymmetrical are worth it IMO.

No kidding. The controllers die so quickly, I wouldn't even complain about wired ones. I mean, it's become a minor hassle having to plug it in so often that I might as well just have a wire permanently.

This is for me though, where I game close enough to the TV that I can have it in. You can always get extensions though.

Edited by DollarAndADream

2 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

No kidding. The controllers die so quickly, I wouldn't even complain about wired ones. I mean, it's become a minor hassle having to plug it in so often that I might as well just have a wire permanently.

This is for me though, where I game close enough to the TV that I can have it in. You can always get extensions though.

Yeah I'm like you the wire really isn't a hassle since I play on a monitor so I'm close to it. 

26 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

This is basically the only reason why I have two controllers.  When one runs out of juice, I just plug it in and use the other one.

:lol: I literally do the exact same thing with my Xbox One controllers. I play with my Elite controller and use the other as a battery pack charging station lmao.

Unfortunately I currently only have 1 GOOD PS4 controller. I just charge and play when it's dead since you can't take the battery packs out of the DualShock 4.

Edited by Xbox

11 hours ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

Quick question: how much does it cost to repair the charging port of a ps4 controller? I'm thinking of just buying a new one but I don't want my controller to go to waste.

I'm pretty sure nobody worth their salt is going to even look at it for less than $50. Just buy a new one.

Although, if you're even remotely handy, consider taking it apart and just seeing if there is a loose wire/connection at the port. If you're going to just chuck it anyway, no loss in trying.

14 hours ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

Quick question: how much does it cost to repair the charging port of a ps4 controller? I'm thinking of just buying a new one but I don't want my controller to go to waste.

I'd just get a new controller, but heres a good tactic:

I always get the year warranty from EB Games and I always trade it in for a new one near the end of the warranty, then I renew it for another year for ~$7. So I get a brand new controller every year for only ~$7. I recommend doing this since your controller will always be new and have a warranty so you wont have to worry about this type of stuff.

Edited by Xbox

Bought Until Dawn with that sale that was on. Just finished it today. Pretty good game, and I had fun with it.

There was a couple of parts where it said to keep the controller still in order to survive, so I had it on a table. Twice I got people killed that way. It's funny though, because I had people survive when I was just holding the controller still in my hands. Kind of annoys me.

I'll probably play it a couple more times to make everyone die and make everyone survive. Who knows though....FFXV is out soon and so is The Last Guardian, plus I'll be grabbing Titanfall 2 soon.

15 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

So what happened? 

Got an email while I was work stating that my PSN password was changed.  So when I got home I tried the password reset but they changed my email so I had to call Sony to straighten everything out.  It's funny talking to what appears to be a younger girl and telling her your account name lol.  This would be the second time I had to report my credit card stolen because of this.  I am no longer going to link my CC for billing, Sony can't be trusted.  The guy I talked to when I cancelled my Credit Card said lots of people are calling in for the same reason.  Luckily there was no activity on either my psn or CC.

• Upvote 1