The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks Lose 3-2 in Shootout

Brad Bellick^

I think your going a little overboard now in protecting the Canucks. I think you need to be more realistic now, we just lost to the 4th worst team in the leauge, although they are playing pretty well.... we just lost 5 straight games, the previous 4 games were all to divisional rivals. If that's not concerning to you I don't know what is. In other words, we just lost 4 huge games, the last 2 games were teams that are outside the playoffs, and we couldn't beat them. Tonight was our worst game out of the 5 straight loss, you think we come into this game crashing skating and banging hard and playing with their lives on their line, but tonight they were just quite terrible.

again i am giving basic stats on how the Canucks could be tied with Chicago in 4 games by them and 3 games by the Canucks yes the Canucks are playing bad right now but a lot of you are acting like they are out of the playoffs with no way to make the playoffs i am being perfectly realistic in terms of what could happen as opposed to fans that claim they won't make the playoffs after 23 games played

I agree with Torts 100%,

We sucked tonight almost as if we were going easy on them.

IMG_0792_normal.JPGFarhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN6m

Torts post-game: "We sucked... Easily our worst game of the year... We didn't deserve a point." Blamed a "lack of respect" for Fla #Canucks

Seen this movie before!!

Speaks to the character of the team and why some core pieces need to be moved. Perhaps Torts is starting to figure that out.

From Gilman's comments, doesn't really seem like Canucks are going for it this year... which is kind of disappointing as we're wasting another year in our aging core.

hmm could it be we are waiting for the cap to go up next year and to jettison a 4 million dollar anchor maybe just maybe.

I don't care if you were there opening day. What you said was ridiculously stupid. Just by looking at the highlighted parts of the quote, you can see that you are actually 12 years old at heart.

Brilliant!

NOT!

Now go away before I taunt you a second time....

This season reminds me if 95-96 and 2007-2008. Years that they just underwhelmed and relied on a teams past success and little changes when it was necessary. Another year will go by and well still be looking for offense, how to get rid of bulky contracts and whether booth should of had been bought out. An gillis will attempt to sign cheap projects and draft useless college players

oh so there's double standards on assumptions, cool

they're both hypotheticals you dumbass lol, you really need to put your Canuck pom poms if you think we're even on the same planet as chicago right now

maybe reread the board rules on flaming and tone it down less you want the mods to get at you.

Wow and I was expecting the Canucks to come out and dominate against a bottom feeder team after losing a bunch of games they could have easily won but let get away from them...

And then this happened. Disappointing to say the least, and Torterella was right, if it wasn't for Luongo at a couple key times, we wouldn't have even gotten a point.

hmm could it be we are waiting for the cap to go up next year and to jettison a 4 million dollar anchor maybe just maybe.

exactly i wouldn't be mad at all if they made 0 moves mortaging the future by trading picks and prospects for rentals or hopes 1 or 2 players is all that it will take to win a cup

Archived