The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks interested in Martin Erat

Yes, let's throw Gillis under the bus over a reported RUMOUR.

He deserves all the crap that's coming. Hasn't address the offense since our CUP run in Boston. Did I also mention an abysmal 2008-2012 draft record? But oh yea, I forget we always win cups so our draft picks are always late!

Chicago has won 2 cups, they have rookies stepping up, Boston as well. I forgot that the Canucks are the exception.

If Erat is Gillis looking hard,LOOK FRACKING HARDER!!

For the love of baby Jesus, please stop trying to catch lightning in a bottle. No more reclamation projects. Get a bonafide top 6 player.

How? We are up against the cap and teams that trade a proven scorer usually want young talent iin return. They don't want 2 third liners Booth and a late draft pick.

You want that top six and they are asking for a package that includes Bo.

If we do make a trade for a proven, consistent top 6, do you guys know we will have to give up something significant in return? We can't give "Schroeder, booth and a 1st" and expect someone like skinner, eberle, e.kane,etc. Erat is probably the cheapest option in both value and salary.

0 Goals in 23 games.

This is a player we EXACTLY need. GOOD JOB GILLIS!

That's the MG way when it comes to trades.

Get player that were good at one point and hope they can rediscover their game here

If we do make a trade for a proven, consistent top 6, do you guys know we will have to give up something significant in return? We can't give "Schroeder, booth and a 1st" and expect someone like skinner, eberle, e.kane,etc. Erat is probably the cheapest option in both value and salary.

Erat is far from consistent, lol. I'd pass.

He deserves all the crap that's coming. Hasn't address the offense since our CUP run in Boston. Did I also mention an abysmal 2008-2012 draft record? But oh yea, I forget we always win cups so our draft picks are always late!

Chicago has won 2 cups, they have rookies stepping up, Boston as well. I forgot that the Canucks are the exception.

Did you forget how long Chicago and Boston were bad for? Boston got damn lucky with the Kessel trade, they got a 2nd overall pick and a top 15 pick.

How the hell is Vancouver supposed to draft the next Seguin, Toews, Kane etc. With consistent having picks in the 24-30 area?

Archived