The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Bieksa wins by domination!

TheRussianRocket.

This team is clearly Gillis' team,Torts is getting served up the same lack lustre efforts like AV got...something is wrong in the dressing room for a team to come out so flat in the 1st period like they did, Steamer would have pasted someone into the boards or crashed the crease by the 6 minute mark and woke everyone up. Bieksa pulled a Steamer move at the end.

we didn't come out flat, we had our chances but their goalie made the saves and ours didn't

we didn't come out flat, we had our chances but their goalie made the saves and ours didn't

At the same time, at some point facts are facts and it's not that the other team's goalies are making the stops, having great games, etc., it's simply that the Canucks have a collective scoring problem.

dude you're bitching at me for barking at people saying burrows should be moved

by implication that means you agree

in addition i have highlighted your insults yet you are suggesting i am an adolescent lol

i think you proved me right...

and by the way, i'm no cheerleader but i don't act like I am 4 and someone just stole my soother when the canucks lose

if you are as knowledgable as you say, you would have known what to expect this year without mg making serious moves, inconsistency

and if you are a 'paying' fan and you're sooo upset every game don't pay, don't go...simple

For the win!

No worse than Edler at 5 million, or Luongo's lifetime deal. With the cap jumping up this offseason, it's going to look like a bargain by the end of it.

Sure it's a bargain but I'm starting to realize bargains don't mean anything in the NHL besides it's good if you have them. It's not like ordinary people having to make it work. Everyone has the same amount of money. We need the better players to win.

Bargains are a bonus not a requirement.

If you have too many players on too high of priced contracts you have to start looking at that. Not before or you don't have a reason to find bargains. That's why they're called bargains. We're the Canucks, not the dollar store.

Gillis can redeem himself if the cap rumored to go up in 2015 (80 or 90 mill in 3-5? Years??) by dealing off deadweight and stock piling draft picks; then sign every top UFA to crazy deals

I have to agree with that. I know it seems so easy like EA 2014 or whatever but when your in a position of power use it. Sign a player to 1 million more than he's worth and don't worry abou finding bums that will work for $500,000 less than they're worth.

They make millions anyway that should be a clue.

I don't even need my calculus to figure that out. It's common sense.

Missed the game - looks like that was lucky for me.

This says it all:

Vancouver had a gaffe of its own at the right point, and the puck came to Nash, who kept the puck in the Canucks' zone and swept a picture pass onto the stick of Kreider, who was alone in the slot. Kreider quickly let go a shot that got past Luongo to make it 1-0 with 7:23 left in the first.

Alex Edler, who didn't get the puck out along the boards, received an earful from Tortorella when he returned to the bench after the goal.

The Canucks' biggest mistake came with 3:28 remaining when forwardZack Kassian flung the puck over the glass and was called for delay of game. Kreider needed only 22 seconds to double the lead with his second of the day.

Gillis can redeem himself if the cap rumored to go up in 2015 (80 or 90 mill in 3-5? Years??) by dealing off deadweight and stock piling draft picks; then sign every top UFA to crazy deals

One glaring hole in your plan...

there are 29 other teams.

Sensational talbot - CBC

Canucks make even backups play lights out. Luongo has been outplayed in too many games this year and that's with 2 goals or less allowed. Everything is a mess this year

Talbot wasn't that good, the Canucks forwards are that bad right now.

actually, yes it does. take a guy who's trying to crack the lineup for example, he can work hard all he wants but more often than not if he is not producing he will be sent back down. the hard work wouldn't be overlooked but it wouldn't keep him on the team if it's not getting results

Which has nothing to do with this situation at all. Hockey is more than just goalz. Hard work almost always pays off eventually. We know Burrows has the skill set so mix that with hard work and the scoring will come.

did i say it did? i was using it as an example

deny it all you want but if a guy is working hard and not producing the hard work will only get him so far

Check my edit. And by using it as an example that would imply you're saying it did. Otherwise there's no point in it as an example. Hard work pays off, deny it all you want but it does.

Archived