The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Too Early to call Kassian a dissapointment?

Go Go Canucks Go

neither Gillis nor Coho speaks on the matter but somehow it has become gospel.

Doesn't make the trade nor the timing any better sunshine.

Gillis lied or was way wrong. He shoulda traded him a year later in my and many others opinion.

Are you arguing through logic or your pure emotions? If you're going to make accusations about Gillis lying and assuming "gospel" happens to be true without any proof of it, you're not going on win an argument. Back your stuff up or you're just going to sound as legitimate as a turnip trying to be a potato.

Don't think I said that. What I am saying is that Hodgson is a skilled hockey player, but he is not as good as some people here suggest he is. What I did say is that Buffalo was without any other realistic options for a 1C and therefore paid Hodgson more than what I believe he is actually worth.

This being said, do you really think that Hodgson is that good if all he got was Tyler Bozak money?

regards,

G.

Salaries are crazy, no doubt but they are a measuring stick. It's one thing to make 10% more than a 'comparable' but multiple times surly says something. Ya think any team will sign a restricted free agent to way more than what they think that they are worth?

Kass has potential but if he was 10 years older dooin' what he does now he wouldn't get a contract offer from anyone.

Are you arguing through logic or your pure emotions? If you're going to make accusations about Gillis lying and assuming "gospel" happens to be true without any proof of it, you're not going on win an argument. Back your stuff up or you're just going to sound as legitimate as a turnip trying to be a potato.

Are you denying that Gillis said Kass was ready to make an impact 2 years ago?

Are you denying that Gillis said Kass was ready to make an impact 2 years ago?

Grade 5 reading might help

No. I'm not denying anything. The question then is "what kind of impact?" He was ready to make an impact. Did he make one right away? No. Does it mean he won't make one in the future? No. We don't know how he'll be next month, next year, in five years. You don't know. I don't know. We don't know.

So why act like you know?

No. I'm not denying anything. The question then is "what kind of impact?" He was ready to make an impact. Did he make one right away? No. Does it mean he won't make one in the future? No. We don't know how he'll be next month, next year, in five years. You don't know. I don't know. We don't know.

I hate these gifs but

1620742673_532dd66d_mind_blown_xlarge.jpeg

So, Gillis fracked up when we needed a replacement for an injured Kesler yet the one we got in return did nothing and other teams are all over the one who we gave up to a point that they give him a bazzillion dollars to play on a crappy team.

got it.

Kass is a work in progress. It doesn't mean we can't talk about how we got robbed in the Neely trade nor how we scored in the Naslund trade.

Of course we can talk about them. Whether it has anything to do with Kassian is another story.

What does that have to do with your argument about Kassian being a bust?

So, Gillis fracked up when we needed a replacement for an injured Kesler yet the one we got in return did nothing and other teams are all over the one who we gave up to a point that the give him a bazzillion dollars on a crappy team.

got it.

Again, more assumptions. You assume Gillis "messed up" even though he did attempt to fix the problem. You can't tell me that Roy on paper didn't look good for the team. If you want to deal entirely in hindsight, then I guess every GM in the NHL sucks because they've all made a mistake now and then.

Look, we get it. You're mad at Gillis. Now go get some fresh air.

EDIT: oops I mean "didn't look good for the team :)

Of course we can talk about them. Whether it has anything to do with Kassian is another story.

What does that have to do with your argument about Kassian being a bust?

KASS looks like a first round bust (Buff gave up on him afterall)

He does, however, look like a solid 3rd round pick and everything leans in that direction.

Lucic was a late second rounder after-all.

KASS looks like a first round bust (Buff gave up on him afterall)

He does, however, look like a solid 3rd round pick.

In your opinion Kass looks like a first round bust. :)

The question is then, what's a first round success? What are your expectations for someone in the first round to be successful? Should everyone in the first round become a superstar or should some of them just make the NHL?

In your opinion Kass looks like a first round bust. :)

The question is then, what's a first round success? What are your expectations for someone in the first round to be successful? Should everyone in the first round become a superstar or should some of them just make the NHL?

Some players never make it in the bigs.

Seems everyone thinks CoHo would make it but fewer think that Kass would make it.

Is a known scorer with years of captaincy behind him worth more than a pugilist floater who gets into barfights? Even Gillis knows ChoHo is worth lots as he drafted him and gave him huge bucks right off the bat. Kass aint a bust but he aint worth what we gave up either.

OKAY... Kass is a strange one... A playmaking powerforward? His tallies this year arent indicitive of what he is. He has GREAT vision, and is blossoming currently. His passes are largely unreal. Like outta nowhere. He does things that shock me, and hes getting comfortable.

OKAY... Kass is a strange one... A playmaking powerforward? His tallies this year arent indicitive of what he is. He has GREAT vision, and is blossoming currently. His passes are largely unreal. Like outta nowhere. He does things that shock me, and hes getting comfortable.

He has multiple 'unreal passes' and he cant even get an assist off of a goal-line scrum?

kassian is just this teams version of jeff cowan... doesnt really do anything and misses on most of his hits.. gets a few lucky goals and people think hes going to be a superstar.... im just waiting for the bra's to get thrown over the glass after his next horseshoe up his @ss goal... like ive said before most teams in the league would love to have a guy like him on their 3rd and 4th lines... they just would never give up what we gave up for him... thus expectations are probably unrealistic for him... people talk about his potential...i dont know where it comes from... he didnt even have that great of a Jr career compared to other top 6 NHL PFs.... his highest goal total was 26 in the OHL!!! K. Primeau 57goals , Bertuzzi 54 goals, Isbister 45 goals(<--i think kassian will have a career like his at best), Thorton 41 goals, Bickell even hit 28 goals , Nash 32 goals ect..... most of these guys only played a couple years just over 100 games in the Jrs aswell.... kassian played 4 years almost 200 games.... so i ask again where does this potential talk come from?

Some players never make it in the bigs.

Seems everyone thinks CoHo would make it but fewer think that Kass would make it.

Is a known scorer with years of captaincy behind him worth more than a pugilist floater who gets into barfights? Even Gillis knows ChoHo is worth lots as he drafted him and gave him huge bucks right off the bat. Kass aint a bust but he aint worth what we gave up.

Evidently Kassian is worth a Hodgson, otherwise we wouldn't have traded Hodgson for Kassian.

It boils down to economics. The player is worth what his purchaser is willing to pay for. While Kassian doesn't have the smarts Hodgson has, he has the brute size with soft hands. There are so few players like Kassian in the league that the demand is high.

Sure. You can't teach skill, but don't underestimate the teaching of toughness. If it was as easy as you say, players like Pyatt would have looked a lot tougher. ;)

Archived