The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Canucks/Lightning

Canucks get : Brett Connolly

Lightning gets : 2nd/3rd Rounder + Frank Corrado

No way Lightning do this because Connoly has tremendous potential they would want Edler

Brett isn't being used properly there, he has massive potential.

Canucks aren't using Corrado and are set on D as of right now. Tampa needs D.

Are you guys high or what!? Brett Connolly has been a massive disappointment for the bolts. The guy is lost in their system. So why exactly do we give up a top 4 future dman, who's nhl ready. The guys a phone call away. Smh people....

Are you guys high or what!? Brett Connolly has been a massive disappointment for the bolts. The guy is lost in their system. So why exactly do we give up a top 4 future dman, who's nhl ready. The guys a phone call away. Smh people....

For the Lightning. He needs a fresh start somewhere else. I've seen enough of him to say he has massive potential, he was drafted 6th overall after being injured all year for a reason.

Corrado has no use to the canucks with the defenseman they already have.

For the Lightning. He needs a fresh start somewhere else. I've seen enough of him to say he has massive potential, he was drafted 6th overall after being injured all year for a reason.

Why exactly do we need Brett Connolly? Think about where he's going to fit in. The guy has massively underperformed. Injuries may have played a part with his ceiling and all but if I'm Gillis why do I trade a stud dman like Corrado for potential. After all the time annd effort invested in developing Corrado, I start all over with Connolly?

Our depth on D isn't much. Corrado and maybe Anderson. Rest are big IFS.

Imo this would basically be a Hodgson type deal. No thank you...

Why exactly do we need Brett Connolly? Think about where he's going to fit in. The guy has massively underperformed. Injuries may have played a part with his ceiling and all but if I'm Gillis why do I trade a stud dman like Corrado for potential. After all the time annd effort invested in developing Corrado, I start all over with Connolly?

Our depth on D isn't much. Corrado and maybe Anderson. Rest are big IFS.

Imo this would basically be a Hodgson type deal. No thank you...

What exactly has Corrado done? Trading a stud D-Man for potential... Lol. And please, tell me some forward prospects that weren't drafted this year.

Brett Connolly > Kassian on this team.

Subban, Cedetholm, even Hutton say whatup.

Sounds like Booth and Kassian to me (considering he's supposed to become a physically big scoring forward, how long will we have to wait for him for?)... plus unlike the two Canucks he doesn't have a roster spot when he's not really a prospect anymore, so he's an even bigger gamble. Trading our young D, who almost secured his spot on the team LAST year, for Brett would be ludicrous.

Sounds like Booth and Kassian to me (considering he's supposed to become a physically big scoring forward, how long will we have to wait for him for?)... plus unlike the two Canucks he doesn't have a roster spot when he's not really a prospect anymore, so he's an even bigger gamble. Trading our young D, who almost secured his spot on the team LAST year, for Brett would be ludicrous.

So you base your whole opinion off 'Sounding like Booth or Kassian' which is a COMPLETELY different situation. Lol.

So you base your whole opinion off 'Sounding like Booth or Kassian' which is a COMPLETELY different situation. Lol.

Did you consider what I put in parentheses? That's the essence of why we shouldn't take him, in that he's another project player. We already have both Booth and Kassian who are project power forwards who haven't been able to maximize their potential and play well with consistency. THAT'S why I don't think we should make this trade, for someone who isn't a sure deal to help the big club when he can't even hold down a spot on the big club, even though he MAY pan out, when he'll cost one of our better young prospects.

Did you consider what I put in parentheses? That's the essence of why we shouldn't take him, in that he's another project player. We already have both Booth and Kassian who are project power forwards who haven't been able to maximize their potential and play well with consistency. THAT'S why I don't think we should make this trade, for someone who isn't a sure deal to help the big club when he can't even hold down a spot on the big club, even though he MAY pan out, when he'll cost one of our better young prospects.

Thank you. Trading for another project player isn't what this team needs. People thinking of trading away our better prospects for more mediocre players wow...

He's not a 'project' he's a prospect. He gets called up and plays on the 4th line.

And your point that Canucks already have Kassian and Booth is null. This isn't a trade to be made midseason, it's a trade when Gillis gets his crap together.

This is also a future trade for him to come up with Hunter and Bo. You are majorly overrating Corrado and underrating Connolly.

And please explain to me, when does Corrado make the jump up in your eyes? At worst it's a lateral move, switching prospect depth from defense to forward. Not to mention Connolly is a way better prospect than Corrado.

I would do it.

Corrado + 2nd probably wouldn't quite be enough though, if Connolly was made available the Lightning would probably be able to get better offers.

Sure Connolly has struggled since turning pro, but he is still only 21, and has not really been given a good opportunity to showcase his talent in TB.

wasn't impressed by Connolly at WJHC. Not impressed with his play so far in the NHL either. Doesn't look a hard working type of player. My impression is he relied on his talent all his life, which is great for junior, but doesn't cut it in the NHL.

Wtf... He was arguably their best player...

Archived