The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 5)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Update

So last night I said I was going to release the final update of ratings but I lied

Ratings for all player and goalies are complete though I just need to post the updated link

However I did spend last night simming test seasons (32 of them)

In the process of doing this I have been tweaking the sliders for Goals, Hits, Shots, etc.... and I also have changed some ratings to better match my test seasons

Fighting for all players have gone up by 17 to roughly get the number of fights that the NHL had during the the 14/15 season of 391

Checking has gone up by 5 for all players to also get the number of hits the NHL had last season of 61,476

The only other rating I might have to adjust is Scoring it will most likely be raising the Dmen scoring attribute by about 5 or so that way the amount of goals per game will drop

Blocked Shots, Shots, PP%, SH goals, and about 10 other categories seems to be bang on

Tonight I will continue with a bunch more test seasons

I'd be happy with a more offensive league :bigblush:

Well that is all good but when players are scoring 160 points a season and there are about 40 players over 100 points that is not realistic

Right now in my test seasons there are roughly 12 goals per game and my goal slider is at 1 which is the lowest it will go

League average for 2014 was about 5.5

To correct this I either increase the Dmen scoring attribute by about 10 (which means Dmen will shoot more from the point instead of passing to the forwards for a better chance on net) or I decrease the forward scoring attribute by about 10 to limit the amount of attempts on goal which in turn will decrease the amount of goals scored.

I will be looking at this tonight in my test sims

Once I finish this I will start to look at the goalie stats and attributes

If I am decreasing ratings please remember it is linear or across the board so every player drops not just a select few

Well that is all good but when players are scoring 160 points a season and there are about 40 players over 100 points that is not realistic

Right now in my test seasons there are roughly 12 goals per game and my goal slider is at 1 which is the lowest it will go

League average for 2014 was about 5.5

To correct this I either increase the Dmen scoring attribute by about 10 (which means Dmen will shoot more from the point instead of passing to the forwards for a better chance on net) or I decrease the forward scoring attribute by about 10 to limit the amount of attempts on goal which in turn will decrease the amount of goals scored.

I will be looking at this tonight in my test sims

Once I finish this I will start to look at the goalie stats and attributes

If I am decreasing ratings please remember it is linear or across the board so every player drops not just a select few

160 point seasons with a pile of guys over 100 points sounds like the early/mid 90's!

Need more info on this zfetch situation, did you guys actually scare an active awesome member away to replace him with PK? Cuz we all know pk will be active for the draft and the first couple of months and then vanish again. Hell, UMB has had to bug PK/IK for damn near every pick already,lol

I do hope you remain active PK,just annoyed that gaining you back cost us another awesome member.

Need more info on this zfetch situation, did you guys actually scare an active awesome member away to replace him with PK? Cuz we all know pk will be active for the draft and the first couple of months and then vanish again. Hell, UMB has had to bug PK/IK for damn near every pick already,lol

I do hope you remain active PK,just annoyed that gaining you back cost us another awesome member.

An inactive PK > active you with a hockey management course.

And while you're still crying about a management course i took from 2 or 3 years ago, I'm getting paid to work security at hockey games, volunteering with the chiefs and surrounding myself with something I love.

Enjoy your shifts at 711/whatever fast food restaurant you work at. lol

And while you're still crying about a management course i took from 2 or 3 years ago, I'm getting paid to work security at hockey games, volunteering with the chiefs and surrounding myself with something I love.

Enjoy your shifts at 711/whatever fast food restaurant you work at. lol

dontgothere.gif

Archived