The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could we trade Andrew Alberts?

dangler696969

Obviously Torts and Sullivan haven't liked what they saw in Alberts from game two, a one-shift game against NYI in which he got scored on in :37 seconds.

Could we trade him? Nope.

Could we just demote him and play Weber? Yup. But the trust in Weber, at least on defense, hasn't been there either.

What will happen when the games start to really matter is that Corrado will be in the lineup.

Provided Corrado picks up his play in Utica.

You can't have too much defense. For those who remember '94, Pat Quinn went out and acquired guys like Robert Dirk, Bret Hedican and Brian Glynn. At the time it seemed excessive, but over the course of the playoffs, it proved to be a shrewd move.

Alberts is struggling, but it comes as no surprise to me considering his lack of NHL starts. If the injury bug bites the defense as hard as it has before, we'll be glad we have Andrew Alberts.

Double A is just what he is, a depth 7th dman to put in against bigger more physical teams.

Last season I think we all saw what he is capable of if he is on his game. He just has to keep everything as simple as possible, use his size and not try to be a PMD (cause he just doesn`t have the skillset) But he has size something that is unteachable.

I think he is more valuable to this team than what was given up for him (3rd Rounder - Austin Levi)

We would be lucky to get a 3rd rounder back for him, which wouldn`t help this team right now anyways.

I personally have a great feeling about this season for the Canucks - for reasons I won`t list out here but Alberts helps this team with depth and more depth on D is good.

Archived