The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

most overated and most underated player in the NHL

Cucumber

You are acting like it was a thread consensus and a hive opinion on kessel. It was a single poster opinion and that was all. So quote him and deal directly with him

And there are some underated canucks. So what if they are listed? This is a canucks site and you are on the wrong forum if you are looking for a completely nonbiased view.

So take your own advice and get off your high horse please.

Exactly lol, and he's saying it like it's stupid of people to say so. Well yea, I guess sports polls are wrong when they ask the public and Kessel always finds a way to make the list, oh, and the time he was picked last for the Allstar game lol. Complete joke...want the proof? Where was he during the playoff series against the Bruins? Complete no show.

As far as I know the OP asked the most underrated players in the NHL not the Vanoucver Canucks and it's in General Hockey Discussion, but of course Canucks fans think Tanev, Stanton, and Santorelli are the most underrated players in the NHL.

It's people's opinions, chill out...last time I checked Santorelli is the biggest, #1 bargain for his money and production in the entire league so if that's not underrated, I'm not sure what is. And similarly, Stanton is the #1 dman bargain in the league and Tamev is one of the tops in the league for blocked shots and penalty kill time...yea, they're soooo overrated...give me a break..

Exactly lol, and he's saying it like it's stupid of people to say so. Well yea, I guess sports polls are wrong when they ask the public and Kessel always finds a way to make the list, oh, and the time he was picked last for the Allstar game lol. Complete joke...want the proof? Where was he during the playoff series against the Bruins? Complete no show.

4 goals and 2 assists in 7 games. Wasn't great but a complete no show is a bit of an over statement. He was by far one of the most effective TOR players against Boston but did dissapear at times in games. Especially games 1 as did the entire TOR team

That said I do agree that he is a bit over rated.

Speaking of no shows, Sedins combined for 0 goals in last years playoffs.

You are acting like it was a thread consensus and a hive opinion on kessel. It was a single poster opinion and that was all. So quote him and deal directly with him

And there are some underated canucks. So what if they are listed? This is a canucks site and you are on the wrong forum if you are looking for a completely nonbiased view.

So take your own advice and get off your high horse please.

It was actually 3 posts that agreed with the guy saying Kessel is overrated.

And yeah Canucks fans can never give a non biased view because they never watch any other games other than Canucks games. Take a look around the league, there are better players then the Sedin sisters who will never bring a cup to Vancouver. As of right now Toronto and Vancouver are on the same level because two first round exits past two years aren't anything special.

Phil Kessel isn't really overrated as much as he's overpaid. You can make the argument and are entitled to your opinions but look at the stats, he is a perennial 30 plus goal scorer. I would agree he is overrated as a two way player, but he is a pure scorer and in that regards he is not overrated. We need to define the criteria.

Speaking of no shows, Sedins combined for 0 goals in last years playoffs.

I never said they didn't score lol, why in the world would you even say that? It doesn't prove a single thing lol.

And yea Kessel did get 6 points or whatever that series but he was horrendous. Stats don't tell the full story...ask any Leafs fan yourself and they'll say how bad he was.

LOOOOOL. This thread is unreal.

You think Kessel is overrated? You don't know crap about him. He's 26 years old and averages 30+ goals a season after his sophomore season. He is a game breaking player and would be a top player on any team he plays including your beloved Vancouver Canucks.

As far as I know the OP asked the most underrated players in the NHL not the Vanoucver Canucks and it's in General Hockey Discussion, but of course Canucks fans think Tanev, Stanton, and Santorelli are the most underrated players in the NHL.

Get off your high horses, Vancouver Canucks have a lot of overrated players and very few underrated.

Actually the Canucks have quite a few under rated players (especially if viewed from outside of the city and many viewed from inside):

Sedins

Kesler (many even here were writing him off completely)

Hamhuis

Hansen (though he has had a sub par year for him but I chalk that up to the injury)

and yes

Santorelli (the best deal in the NHL at points for pay bar none)

Stanton (a waiver claim number 4 and a rookie)

Tanev (playing the toughest defensive minutes with Hammer right now in the number 2)

Kessel is a great offensive player, but he is completely 1 dimensional, and has no defensive game to speak of and is known for disappearing when the game gets physical.

Under rated

Eberle

Pacioretty

Beauchemin

Fowler

Okposo

Cleary

Over rated

Schultz

Green

Brouwer

Ehrhoff

Grabner

Peverly

Brown

It was actually 3 posts that agreed with the guy saying Kessel is overrated.

And yeah Canucks fans can never give a non biased view because they never watch any other games other than Canucks games. Take a look around the league, there are better players then the Sedin sisters who will never bring a cup to Vancouver. As of right now Toronto and Vancouver are on the same level because two first round exits past two years aren't anything special.

That about sums up the credibility you now have moving forward in the thread, no offense. Lol, my fav team is Detroit alongside the Canucks (hometown), and nice crystal ball you can assume Nucks fans don't watch more games other than ours lol. Sedin sisters? Hahahaha...that iron man streak means nothing I guess...just stop, please, and again no offense.

I'd say Andrei Markov is far and away the most underrated player in my opinion. He means so much to the Canadiens eating the large minutes that he does, he's the perfect mentor for PK Subban, and he's maybe that best D in the league at running a power play. My honourable mention is Pacioretty. In fact, I consider Montreal the most underrated team in the NHL.

Overrated: Grabner (especially on these boards)

Archived