The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

10 Year Wedding Anniversary

Monty

I always found it kind of an oddity celebrating Wedding anniversaries, it's sort of like saying "Damn we've been married for X years, that's a surprise let's celebrate!"

On one hand I get what you're saying. On the other, adults do not have loads of time to spend together. For me and my wife, even though we don't have children yet, we are both incredibly active in our work (committees), local charity, Habitat for Humanity, I volunteer at our local soup kitchen, I'm on our community's mental health awareness board, I'm also a Chamber of Commerce board member, wife volunteers with those who are disabled every Wednesday. We have an awful lot on our plate, that we love to be apart of. And since we don't get to spend much time together, we like to celebrate the time we do have. For us, we enjoy being around each other more now then we ever did. So when it comes time for our anniversary, it's the time of the year that we have set aside to spoil each other.

I always found it kind of an oddity celebrating Wedding anniversaries, it's sort of like saying "Damn we've been married for X years, that's a surprise let's celebrate!"

As opposed to "Holy crap, I survived another year...birthday party!"?

Or, "All hail the newborn king...that I don't believe in"?

Or, "Hey, this calendar needs replacing...time to party!"?

Or, "Still don't believe in Jesus, but can't resist these chocolate bunnies!"?

...At least a wedding anniversary is celebrating something that the people actually accomplished themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Should I be the one to tell him that we're going on a date together in May? Or do you want too?

Oh wait :bigblush:

Staahhpp. Don't say these things :( No matter how true they may be.

Looks like the cat's out of the bag now! :P

Sorry, I also had a hard time coming to terms with BB being crap, but you know it's true. :(

Archived