The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Eberle

First topic so....sorry. :P

I know the Edler trade is highly unlikely and probably never gonna happen but with our current D core he appears to be the odd man out.

To Van: Eberle

To Edm: Edler and a 2nd. Maybe a lesser prospect if they'd prefer it.

Van needs a young fast scoring winger. And we have a surplus of D-men. Ed is right in his prime and could help strengthen a disgusting defence

Edmonton's pitiful D needs a veteran D man that is pretty good in all zones. He's played pretty bad this year but I feel it's due to Torts system clashing with his style.

Feel free to criticize value but try refrain from "NTC end thread" comments. Think of it as perfect world Ed waives yadda yadda and both teams consider trading within division.

As was said no way Edler waives to go to Edmonton and No.2 we need a top RW that can play the body as well not just score...All Eberle adds in that regard is another skill player for teams like the Blues, Sharks, Kings, Hawks, Bruins, etc to push around

Because Hansen is doing so much on the first line right? Eberle can hold his and would be AMAZING if the Canucks could acquire him. He is a finisher and that is was the Canucks exactly need.

PS You consider the Hawks a 'big' team?

Edler, Hansen, Shinkarirk, 2014 1st for Hall.

If I were Edmonton, I would do this, this makes them better in the long run

If we could swap Shinkaruk with Jensen I'd do it. Shink just has way too much potential for us to give up on, considering we need prospects with game breaking potential.

Because Hansen is doing so much on the first line right? Eberle can hold his and would be AMAZING if the Canucks could acquire him. He is a finisher and that is was the Canucks exactly need.

PS You consider the Hawks a 'big' team?

Like the Sharks/Blues/Bruins no but they still got the guys that are dominant...and Eberle hasent shown me he can be physical....ever...We want to trade for a young overpriced overpaid star then Evander Kane is a much better fit but I just don't think is a good idea to trade roster players and prospects right now with our shallow depth in key areas in the playoffs

No thanks, Hall is injury prone. I'd much rather take Eberle, I like his game and character better. He's also a natural RW which fits our needs better. Give up less, get a guy who fits better with the team and could be potential future captain material.

No thanks, Hall is injury prone. I'd much rather take Eberle, I like his game and character better. He's also a natural RW which fits our needs better. Give up less, get a guy who fits better with the team and could be potential future captain material.

sounds good to me, i would prob take out that firt round pick and prsopect and put in a second +- a prospect like grenier that would be more fair. Ehat edmonton needs is some g-d veteran hockey players to get those kids playing defence.

Honestly living in alberta I can't stand hall. He's honestly no that good. He's basically a more talented booth. He's a straight north and south player with speed. Eberle is a lot more creative, better vision on the ice and with better hands, just doesn't bring any sort of physical presences. But that may also be a benefit on eberle as hall play reckless and tends to get injured

Edler will not waive his NTC to go to Edmonton.

Unless we import 3 smoking hot swedish models that want to live in Edmonton to go with him.

As we're trading within our division Edmonton will ask for the moon, and it will be serious overpayment.

Look elsewhere. We need consistent scoring.

Edler will not waive his NTC to go to Edmonton.

Unless we import 3 smoking hot swedish models that want to live in Edmonton to go with him.

As we're trading within our division Edmonton will ask for the moon, and it will be serious overpayment.

Look elsewhere. We need consistent scoring.

Guess you didn't read the full post. Thanks for the input sir...it was a hypothetical perfect world scenario. Assuming Ed waived and teams agreed to a inner division deal.

I seen some people wanting Hall instead, why? Eberle is better all around and probably better sniper too. He's clutch, rarely seen at NHL level because they never play any meaningful games.

Archived